    http://www.musemixer.com/HTML-Colors/

    Whille I could find lots of nice HTML color charts, I couldn't find
    one that showed combinations.

    Larry, Nov 2, 2006

  2. Larry

    richard Guest

    "Larry" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I've just set up a new HTML HEX Color combinations chart on MuseMixer.
    >
    > http://www.musemixer.com/HTML-Colors/
    >
    > Whille I could find lots of nice HTML color charts, I couldn't find
    > one that showed combinations.

    Just for kicks, years ago, I wrote a BASIC program that had a box within a
    box and each box randomly changed colors.
    Then I added other boxes to really make a show of colors.

    You could probably easily do the same thing with php or javascript.

    My mother thought that would be a good way to show which colors worked well
    with other colors.

    Now if you really want to get fancy, have 2 menu boxes where the user enters
    hex numbers.
    Then show only the 2 hex colors side by side.

    richard, Nov 3, 2006

  3. Larry

    Els Guest

    Els, Nov 3, 2006
  4. Larry

    Brian Cryer Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message

    > "Larry" <> wrote in message
    >> I've just set up a new HTML HEX Color combinations chart on MuseMixer.
    >>
    >> http://www.musemixer.com/HTML-Colors/
    >>
    >> Whille I could find lots of nice HTML color charts, I couldn't find
    >> one that showed combinations.

    > Just for kicks, years ago, I wrote a BASIC program that had a box within a
    > box and each box randomly changed colors.
    > Then I added other boxes to really make a show of colors.
    >
    > You could probably easily do the same thing with php or javascript.
    >
    > My mother thought that would be a good way to show which colors worked
    > well with other colors.
    >
    > Now if you really want to get fancy, have 2 menu boxes where the user
    > enters hex numbers.
    > Then show only the 2 hex colors side by side.

    I have something similar to this on the bottom of one of my pages -
    http://www.cryer.co.uk/resources/javascript/html2.htm#SelectingColourByColourNumber.
    This lets you enter two colours by hex and shows how foreground text in one
    colour sits on background text of another.
    --
    Brian Cryer
    www.cryer.co.uk/brian

    Brian Cryer, Nov 3, 2006
  5. Larry

    Els Guest

    Els, Nov 3, 2006
  6. Larry

    Brian Cryer Guest

    "Els" <> wrote in message
    > Brian Cryer wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.cryer.co.uk/resources/javascript/html2.htm#SelectingColourByColourNumber.
    >> This lets you enter two colours by hex and shows how foreground text in
    >> one
    >> colour sits on background text of another.

    > Works nicely in IE, but doesn't do anything in FF?

    Aaarr! or should that be oops!

    I'll look into it .. its such an old page there is a lot I need to do to
    update it, it still has "font" tags all over it. Well, it won't soon!

    Thanks Els.

    Brian Cryer, Nov 3, 2006
  7. Larry

    Els Guest

    Brian Cryer wrote:

    > its such an old page there is a lot I need to do to update it, it
    > still has "font" tags all over it.

    I kept quiet about that, and then you're voluntarily and publicly
    admitting that?? <g>

    > Well, it won't soon!

    Good :)

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/

    Els, Nov 3, 2006
  8. Larry

    Larry Guest

    On Fri, 3 Nov 2006 08:53:26 +0100, Els <> wrote:

    >Larry wrote:
    >
    >> I've just set up a new HTML HEX Color combinations chart on MuseMixer.
    >>
    >> http://www.musemixer.com/HTML-Colors/

    >Handy :)
    >One request though: can you make the hex numbers on the second page
    >clickable too? Saves going back to the first page to try a new colour.

    Good idea, I'm still working on that interface.

    Actually, I was thinking of having the accent color hex link to a
    third page that would show the primary next to thay accent along with
    yet another set of accent colors. Could be useful if you wanted three
    colors.

    Larry, Nov 3, 2006
  9. Larry

    FluffyCat Guest

    On Fri, 3 Nov 2006 10:39:21 -0000, "Brian Cryer"
    <brian.cryer@127.0.0.1.ntlworld.com> wrote:

    >"richard" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Larry" <> wrote in message
    >>> I've just set up a new HTML HEX Color combinations chart on MuseMixer.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.musemixer.com/HTML-Colors/
    >>>
    >>> Whille I could find lots of nice HTML color charts, I couldn't find
    >>> one that showed combinations.

    >> Just for kicks, years ago, I wrote a BASIC program that had a box within a
    >> box and each box randomly changed colors.
    >> Then I added other boxes to really make a show of colors.
    >>
    >> You could probably easily do the same thing with php or javascript.
    >>
    >> My mother thought that would be a good way to show which colors worked
    >> well with other colors.
    >>
    >> Now if you really want to get fancy, have 2 menu boxes where the user
    >> enters hex numbers.
    >> Then show only the 2 hex colors side by side.

    >I have something similar to this on the bottom of one of my pages -
    >http://www.cryer.co.uk/resources/javascript/html2.htm#SelectingColourByColourNumber.
    >This lets you enter two colours by hex and shows how foreground text in one
    >colour sits on background text of another.

    That's pretty neat. Just shows you how many ways there are to display
    color data. Seemed like just a straightforward chart when I
    originally thought of creating the page...

    FluffyCat, Nov 3, 2006
  10. Larry

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    "Brian Cryer" <brian.cryer@127.0.0.1.ntlworld.com> wrote:

    > I have something similar to this on the bottom of one of my pages -
    > http://www.cryer.co.uk/resources/javascript/html2.htm#SelectingColourByColourN
    > umber.
    > This lets you enter two colours by hex and shows how foreground text in one
    > colour sits on background text of another.

    Neat... be nicer still if it the display area could bit bigger
    (perhaps a link to where it could be bigger without mucking up
    your page).

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Nov 3, 2006
  11. Larry

    dorayme Guest

    In article <gp3wktejppid$>,
    Els <> wrote:

    > Brian Cryer wrote:
    >
    > > http://www.cryer.co.uk/resources/javascript/html2.htm#SelectingColourByColou
    > > rNumber.
    > > This lets you enter two colours by hex and shows how foreground text in one
    > > colour sits on background text of another.

    > Works nicely in IE, but doesn't do anything in FF?

    On FF latest on Mac it works ok (on a quick check) but I notice
    in FF there is a small repositioning of the button area...

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Nov 3, 2006
  12. Larry

    Brian Cryer Guest

    "dorayme" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > "Brian Cryer" <brian.cryer@127.0.0.1.ntlworld.com> wrote:
    >
    >> I have something similar to this on the bottom of one of my pages -
    >> http://www.cryer.co.uk/resources/javascript/html2.htm#SelectingColourByColourN
    >> umber.
    >> This lets you enter two colours by hex and shows how foreground text in
    >> one
    >> colour sits on background text of another.

    > Neat... be nicer still if it the display area could bit bigger
    > (perhaps a link to where it could be bigger without mucking up
    > your page).

    That's a thought, thanks.

    Brian Cryer, Nov 6, 2006
  13. Larry

    Brian Cryer Guest

    "dorayme" <> wrote in message
    > In article <gp3wktejppid$>,
    > Els <> wrote:
    >
    >> Brian Cryer wrote:
    >>
    >> > http://www.cryer.co.uk/resources/javascript/html2.htm#SelectingColourByColou
    >> > rNumber.
    >> > This lets you enter two colours by hex and shows how foreground text in
    >> > one
    >> > colour sits on background text of another.

    >> Works nicely in IE, but doesn't do anything in FF?

    > On FF latest on Mac it works ok (on a quick check) but I notice
    > in FF there is a small repositioning of the button area...

    Macs seem to be causing me a bit of trouble recently - and I don't even have
    one - or perhaps that's the problem! Seriously though, I had an issue with
    Safari recently and had to rely on the good will of a friend to try things
    out for me before I could get to the bottom of the problem.

    I'm guessing at what the problem is here (which you say causes "a small
    repositioning of the button area"), on Mac-FF is the width of the input text
    boxes (for each of the red/green/blue elements) changing?

    Thanks.
    --
    Brian Cryer
    www.cryer.co.uk/brian

    Brian Cryer, Nov 6, 2006
  14. Larry

    Larry Guest

    Re: new HTML HEX color combinations chart added accent example page

    On Fri, 03 Nov 2006 10:25:49 -0800, Larry <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 3 Nov 2006 08:53:26 +0100, Els <> wrote:
    >
    >>Larry wrote:
    >>
    >>> I've just set up a new HTML HEX Color combinations chart on MuseMixer.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.musemixer.com/HTML-Colors/

    >>Handy :)
    >>One request though: can you make the hex numbers on the second page
    >>clickable too? Saves going back to the first page to try a new colour.

    >Good idea, I'm still working on that interface.
    >
    >Actually, I was thinking of having the accent color hex link to a
    >third page that would show the primary next to thay accent along with
    >yet another set of accent colors. Could be useful if you wanted three
    >colors.

    I added a page showing your chosen primay and accent colors in a few
    layout combinations. I show a box of one color inside the other, and
    each color text on the other. Not sure what other layouts would be
    helpful.

    Samples:

    Halloween: http://www.musemixer.com/HTML-Colors-with-Accent/F60-000/
    Christmas: http://www.musemixer.com/HTML-Colors-with-Accent/F00-090/