New Install v2.0 - Error w/ Simple ASPX (System Logon failure)

Doug

I've installed ASP.NET onto our web server (Win2k/unsure of IIS
version) this morning. I created a simple ASPX page in Notepad that
writes out an asp:Label control to the page and dynamically populates
it with the current date/time.

I ran the page and received an error in my browser, "Server Application
Unavailable " and to check the application event log on the server.

On the server, I see a Warning event, an information event and an Error
event:

Warning:

Failed to initialize the AppDomain:/LM/W3SVC/1/Root/ssl

Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException
Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its
dependencies. Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
(Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007052E)
StackTrace: at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName
fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly
locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound,
Boolean forIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef,
Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean
forIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString,
Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean
forIntrospection)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String
typeName, Boolean ignoreCase, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder,
Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes,
Evidence securityInfo, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String
typeName)
at System.AppDomain.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String
typeName)
at System.AppDomain.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String
typeName)
at
System.Web.Hosting.ApplicationManager.CreateAppDomainWithHostingEnvironment(String
appId, IApplicationHost appHost, HostingEnvironmentParameters
hostingParameters)
at
System.Web.Hosting.ApplicationManager.CreateAppDomainWithHostingEnvironmentAndReportErrors(String
appId, IApplicationHost appHost, HostingEnvironmentParameters
hostingParameters)

Information:

Failed to execute request because the worker process account does not
have access to the IIS Metabase. This may be fixed by running
"aspnet_regiis -ga <account-name>" for the worker process account.
However, there are security implications of running "aspnet_regiis
-ga".

Error:

aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 3044) stopped unexpectedly.

For all 3, the "Source" is "ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0". And, there is no
user information.

I've tried the "aspnet_regiis -ga" for the ASPNET user account and for
a domain account that the web site accesses files over a network share
with. Neither worked and the error message hasn't changed.

Any information that you can provide is much appreciated.