new Java lambda syntax

supercalifragilisticexpialadiamaticonormalizeringe

OK, can any newsgroup guru tell me why whenever I post here there's a
distorted "echo" an hour or so later? That didn't used to happen before
this week.

supercalifragilisticexpialadiamaticonormalizeringe

hi seamus!

i winkles you out LOL LOL

Who is seamus, and what does your post have to do with Java programming,
twit?

Tom Anderson

Smalltalk blocks can do both. The usual return operator ^foo returns foo from
the enclosing method, but the if the block doesn't do a nonlocal return or
exception throw of any kind it evaluates to a value which is equal to that
resulting from the last expression inside of it.

I should have known that reaching for a third example was going to get me
in trouble! Thanks for the correction. Really, it should have been
obvious, given that, as you say, Smalltalk uses methods on its boolean
type (and on blocks evaluating to a boolean?) taking blocks to implement
its control structures.

tom

lightworker

OK, can any newsgroup guru tell me why whenever I post here there's a
distorted "echo" an hour or so later? That didn't used to happen before
this week.

best guess is your psychotic lying SOB profile, I would say.
maybe you can ask the crocidil huntin guy, again?

From: supercalifragilisticexpialadiamaticonormalizeringelimatisticantations
<supercalifragilisticexpialadiamaticonormalizeringelimatisticantations@averylongandannoyingdomainname.com>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer,comp.lang.lisp
Subject: Re: StringBuilder Difficulties
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 23:02:19 -0400

"Who is Paul and why are you obsessed with him, and why do you keep
making these garbled, irrelevant followups to my posts?"

Corse' you would need to specify which of your names it is you
are hearing the echo from!

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer,alt.free.newsservers,news.software.readers
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 01:06:43 -0400
From: thoolen <[email protected]>

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Newsgroups: eternal-september.support,alt.free.newsservers,news.software.readers
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 01:10:34 -0400
From: thoolen <[email protected]>

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 19:21:49 -0400
From: thoolen <[email protected]>

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 20:25:35 -0400
From: supercalifragilisticexpialadiamaticonormalizeringelimatisticantations
<supercalifragilisticexpialadiamaticonormalizeringelimatisticantations@averylongandannoyingdomainname.com>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 12:00:06 -0400
From: Cthun <[email protected]>

fucking idiot savant mongrel tyke thrashes crossposts at the
keyboard from here:
http://i51.tinypic.com/28us11y.jpg

think again derbyshire if you intend ever joinin java groups.
use your own name and only use your own name.
anything else and you are meat for the mill.
that is "Freedom". the reality.
you need help with reality?
none of the list are your real name.

..--- . ... ..- ... <[email protected]>
00101010 <[email protected]>
3k7e4intna <[email protected]>
3x7r4vagan <[email protected]>
3x+r4v4g4n <[email protected]>
Alice <[email protected]>
Arne Këndoj <[email protected]>
Boojum <[email protected]>
B1ll Gat3s <[email protected]>
A Canuck <[email protected]>
Canuck <[email protected]>
ClassCastException <[email protected]>
Cthun <[email protected]>
Chad Carmichael <[email protected]>
dA.b0mB <[email protected]>
dark-zark-fark <[email protected]>
Deep Green <[email protected]> (forgery)
Deeyana <[email protected]>
De Lurker <[email protected]>
Derek Yancey <[email protected]>
Extravagan <[email protected]>
Ferdinand the -14th <[email protected]>
Fuschia, President-Elect of the Bright Purplish-Green Council <[email protected]>
George Arctos <[email protected]>
Greg Kelly <[email protected]>
Greg Sandoval <[email protected]>
Gheerax IV <[email protected]>
Handkea fumosa <[email protected]>
Hieronymus S. Freely <[email protected]>
Hydrocon <[email protected]>
Henry Harrison <[email protected]>
Henderson <[email protected]>
Heike Svensson <[email protected]>
Harry Greer <[email protected]>
Janie Zanie <[email protected]>
Jerry Gerrone <[email protected]>
John Kirkpatrick XVII <[email protected]>
Katie Gerrolds <[email protected]>
Kevin Hadron <[email protected]>
kensi <[email protected]>
KitKat <[email protected]>
Meerkats <[email protected]> (forgery)
Mister Scott <[email protected]>
Mrs. Danforth <[email protected]>
Mike Faramis <[email protected]>
Mamac <[email protected]>
Nancy 3 <[email protected]>
Nancy 4 <[email protected]> (forgery)
Nebulous <[email protected]>
Nightcrawler <[email protected]>
Nougat Surprise <[email protected]>
Orange Green <[email protected]>
Paul Derbysh!re <[email protected]>
Purpleswandir <[email protected]>
Retahiv Oopsiscame <[email protected]>
RichB <[email protected]>
(e-mail address removed)
SFTV_troll <[email protected]>
Sulfide Eater <[email protected]>
<supercalifragilisticexpialadiamaticonormalizeringelimatisticantations@averylongandannoyingdomainname.com>
Spock <[email protected]>
Series Expansion <[email protected]>
Seamus MacRae <[email protected]>
Snicker-snack! <[email protected]>
Tim <[email protected]>
Thursday's Leftovers <[email protected]>
thoolen <[email protected]>
thoolen <[email protected]>
thoolen <[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
Willy Wonka <[email protected]>

thoolen

On 15/09/2011 9:57 PM, "lightworker", an obvious murphy sock, wrote:
NaN> Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer

NaN> Derbyshire flew the troll a:

Who is "Derbyshire", murphy? There is nobody in this newsgroup using
that alias.

NaN> best guess is your psychotic lying SOB profile, I would say.

What does your unsubstantiated allegation regarding
supercalifragilisticexpialadiamaticonormalizeringelimatisticantations
have to do with Java, murphy?

NaN> maybe you can ask the crocidil huntin guy, again?

Who is "the crocidil huntin guy", murphy? There is nobody in this
newsgroup using that alias.

NaN> From:
supercalifragilisticexpialadiamaticonormalizeringelimatisticantations
NaN> Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer,comp.lang.lisp
NaN> Subject: Re: StringBuilder Difficulties
NaN> Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 23:02:19 -0400
NaN>
NaN> "Who is Paul and why are you obsessed with him, and why do you keep
NaN> making these garbled, irrelevant followups to my posts?"

Who is "Paul", murphy? There is nobody in this newsgroup using that alias.

NaN> Corse' you would need to specify which of your names it is you
NaN> are hearing the echo from!

What does your unsubstantiated allegation of sockpuppetry on
supercalifragilisticexpialadiamaticonormalizeringelimatisticantations's
part have to do with Java, murphy?

What does your long list of random post headers have to do with Java,
murphy?

NaN> fucking idiot savant mongrel tyke thrashes crossposts at the
NaN> keyboard from here:

Who is "mongrel tyke", murphy? There is nobody in this newsgroup using
that alias.

What does your URL have to do with Java, murphy?

NaN> think again derbyshire if you intend ever joinin java groups.

Who is "derbyshire", murphy? There is nobody in this newsgroup using
that alias.

NaN> use your own name and only use your own name.

What does your unreasonable and unenforceable demand of an unspecified
poster have to do with Java, murphy? If you don't like forums where
pseudonymous posting is permitted, then you should not read
comp.lang.java.programmer, murphy, because it is such a forum and you
lack the authority to change that. Perhaps there's a webboard somewhere
that would be more to your liking, murphy. Go there, murphy.

NaN> anything else and you are meat for the mill.

What does your death threat towards an unspecified poster have to do
with Java, murphy?

NaN> that is "Freedom". the reality.

What does your Orwellian unsubstantiated and erroneous claim have to do
with Java, murphy? I suppose if you think that an arbitrary restriction
from a random bozo on the internet (that would be you) is "freedom" then
you also think that war is "peace", murphy?

NaN> you need help with reality?

What does your question of an unspecified poster have to do with Java,
murphy?

NaN> none of the list are your real name.

What does your unsubstantiated claim regarding an unspecified list and
an unspecified poster have to do with Java, murphy?

"I had 'volunteered (years back) to support those who do endeavor
to provide free Free Usenet access, support those who offered
subscription based Free Usenet access, nothing more than
cooperation expected in return for what has been many
thousands of hours of work. I note most of those I joined with
are either deceased, severely disabled, or plain ole' MIA..
now it is my Time. ...

You just read my last. ...

For those who think they see me in future times I can only wish
you severe Tinnitus in your dreams. For those who know me
well (eMail, whatever) and see me, know I will be smiling also.
It is to you I say "adieu mein frenz and adios .. grazie' [hugs]
for all the Good Times! May you and yours always bear well
with all Life brings you".

/0ut"
--murphy

And people wonder why I call them Famous Last Words.