new JS TETRIS online

fabgrass

I just posted online a new tetris clone in javascript.
you can play it at
http://www.idep-multimedia.com/tetris/tetris.php

it s fully and actually playable, and high scores are saved in a hall of
fame :).

if you try it could you brief me about :
computer. I would know if it's specific to my machine.
-sound cache. sounds don't seems to be cached in my IE. They are reloaded
any time I load the game; I use dreamweaver functions for the sound. Maybe
it's not a good idea.

Thanks for all

Fabien Grasset

Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft

Hi,
I just posted online a new tetris clone in javascript.
you can play it at
http://www.idep-multimedia.com/tetris/tetris.php

it s fully and actually playable, and high scores are saved in a hall of
fame :).

if you try it could you brief me about :
computer. I would know if it's specific to my machine.
-sound cache. sounds don't seems to be cached in my IE. They are reloaded
any time I load the game; I use dreamweaver functions for the sound. Maybe
it's not a good idea.

Thanks for all

Fabien Grasset

A good idea, when you post something on the Net, would be to specify
that it's for IE users only. Your game doesn't do squat in my Netscape 7.

Amicalement,

Laurent

fabgrass

Yes, I suppose it's IE (4?) 5+ only

I did nothing for Netscape compatibility.

Fabien Grasset

Steven

Hi,

A good idea, when you post something on the Net, would be to specify
that it's for IE users only. Your game doesn't do squat in my
Netscape 7.

Same here (Mozilla Firebird)

Jim Ley

A good idea, when you post something on the Net, would be to specify
that it's for IE users only. Your game doesn't do squat in my Netscape 7.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~crisp/lemmings/

(not really related but just spreading the love for one of the best
dhtml games I've seen in a long time and seems to work in Opera 7.0
aswell as IE6, not bothered looking further though, I imagine it
does.)

Jim.

fabgrass

I fixed problems for NS 7 compatibility.
Didn't tested on previous versions, but might work.

Fabien

Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft

Salut,
I fixed problems for NS 7 compatibility.
Didn't tested on previous versions, but might work.

Fabien

Works OK on NS7. No sounds, though (not that it bothers me, as I would
probably rather off it). The game is oversensitive to the arrow keys,
and sometimes moves a piece twice when a key was pressed only once.

HTH,

Laurent

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

Laurent Bugnion said:
Works OK on NS7. No sounds, though (not that it bothers me, as I would
probably rather off it). The game is oversensitive to the arrow keys,
and sometimes moves a piece twice when a key was pressed only once.

Seems to work fine in Opera 7 (O7.2beta3 to be precise), also with no
sound. Got myself a second place in the hall of fame using it. Wonder
if it runs too slowly :)

/L

fabgrass

Seems to work fine in Opera 7 (O7.2beta3 to be precise), also with no
sound. Got myself a second place in the hall of fame using it. Wonder
if it runs too slowly :)
Lasse Reichstein Nielsen - (e-mail address removed)

yes! :) it runs 20% faster under NS 7 than under IE5, even if time is ruled
by setInterval() function.
slower on opera then? :)
That's intolerable! I will do something against that! :)

Fabien Grasset