    Can someone give me some suggestion about it?

    thanks
    xianming
    yan xianming, Mar 19, 2012

  2. yan xianming

    Chris Rebert Guest

    Chris Rebert, Mar 19, 2012

  3. On 19.3.2012 8:30, yan xianming wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I'm a new learning of Python.
    >

    > Can someone give me some suggestion about it?
    >
    > thanks
    > xianming

    The best textbooks on Python that I have come across are:

    Learning Python by Mark Lutz, O'Reilly, http://oreilly.com,
    ISBN 978-0-596-15806-4

    Programming Python by Mark Lutz, O'Reilly, http://oreilly.com,
    ISBN 978-0-596-15810-1

    regards, Antti "Andy" Ylikoski
    Helsinki, Finland, the EU
    Antti J Ylikoski, Mar 19, 2012
  4. On Mar 19, 2:30 am, yan xianming <> wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I'm a new learning of Python.
    >
    > Can someone give me some suggestion about it?
    >
    > thanks
    > xianming

    Once you have a few of the basics down (using the resources others
    have suggested), a good way to practice those skills is to visit
    Project Euler (http://projecteuler.net/) or The Python Challenge
    (http://www.pythonchallenge.com/). Project Euler is a site with math
    problems that can be best solved using basic programming skills. The
    first problem asks for the sum of all the multiples of 3 or 5 below
    1000. The problems build in difficulty and in the programming skills
    you need.

    The Python Challenge (best completed using version 2.7 of Python) is
    hard to explain, but a lot of fun to do.

    Good luck!

    Brian
    Brian Wilkinson, Mar 19, 2012
  5. yan xianming