new line character is not recognized by ms word

Joined
Mar 16, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi all.
I am using VelocityEngine to get a ms word template (.vm file), replace some parameters and open the final word document, all this from a web page.
I am using the VelocityContext.put() method to do this.
The problem is: in the final word document the new line,paragraph breaks characters and tab spaces are being ignored.
Therefore, for example, the text:
"Hello World!
My name is Joe"

is displayed like "Hello World!My name is Joe"

Is there a solution for this, thanks all in advance