NEW MAINTAINER for Pymacs

Discussion in 'Python' started by =?iso-8859-1?Q?Fran=E7ois?= Pinard, Sep 17, 2004.

  1. Hello to everybody, and Emacs users in the Python community.

    The Pymacs project (described below) now has new maintainer: Syver
    Enstad <>. I'm inviting Pymacs users to collaborate with
    Syver as nicely as they always did with me. Syver himself has always
    been known to me as a helpful, competent and enthusiastic Pymacs user.

    Future announcement or news, as well as any decision about Pymacs,
    will originate from Syver instead of me. Also, reports, questions or
    suggestions about Pymacs should ideally be sent directly to Syver.

    --------------------

    Pymacs is a powerful tool which, once started from Emacs, allows both-way
    communication between Emacs Lisp and Python. Pymacs aims Python as an
    extension language for Emacs rather than the other way around, and this
    assymetry is reflected in some design choices. Within Emacs Lisp code, one
    may load and use Python modules. Python functions may themselves use Emacs
    services, and handle Emacs Lisp objects kept in Emacs Lisp space.

    See `http://pymacs.progiciels-bpi.ca' for more documentation, including
    the manual in HTML form. The canonical Pymacs distribution is available
    as `http://pymacs.progiciels-bpi.ca/archives/Pymacs.tar.gz'. Report
    problems and suggestions to Syver Enstad `mailto:'.

    --
    Fran├žois Pinard http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~pinard
    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Fran=E7ois?= Pinard, Sep 17, 2004