new menu design problem

Discussion in 'HTML' started by richard, Sep 28, 2008.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    http://sample.1littleworld.com/sample3.html

    Just put this new design online to see how it looks.
    As it is purely a demo, there really is no content for the moment.

    The problem I am having with it is how do I get a linked external page
    to show up where I want it?
    I am also working with a second script that may allow this but haven't
    got that far yet.

    In the first column that shows up, click on "songs", then 1960 and
    then "A - E".
    You should get a new window that opens google.

    What I want to do is to show that linked page where "content 1" is
    showing in the red bordered panel.

    That way I don't have to load all the data on the first page.

    Yes I know it breaks at one point. This IS only a demo.

    Is a second script the only solution?

    richard, Sep 28, 2008

  2. richard

    John Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message
    > http://sample.1littleworld.com/sample3.html
    >
    > Just put this new design online to see how it looks.
    > As it is purely a demo, there really is no content for the moment.
    >
    > The problem I am having with it is how do I get a linked external page
    > to show up where I want it?
    > I am also working with a second script that may allow this but haven't
    > got that far yet.
    >
    > In the first column that shows up, click on "songs", then 1960 and
    > then "A - E".
    > You should get a new window that opens google.
    >
    > What I want to do is to show that linked page where "content 1" is
    > showing in the red bordered panel.
    >
    > That way I don't have to load all the data on the first page.
    >
    > Yes I know it breaks at one point. This IS only a demo.
    >
    > Is a second script the only solution?

    Hi

    I don't really understand what your are saying. Do you mean the following:

    <li class='TabbedPanelsTab' tabindex='0'>
    <a
    href='http://www.example.com/cgi-bin/test.pl?whatever=yes&something=no'>1960</a>
    </li>

    Regards
    John

    John, Sep 28, 2008

  3. richard

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 16:35:41 +0100, "John" <> wrote:

    >"richard" <> wrote in message
    >> http://sample.1littleworld.com/sample3.html
    >>
    >> Just put this new design online to see how it looks.
    >> As it is purely a demo, there really is no content for the moment.
    >>
    >> The problem I am having with it is how do I get a linked external page
    >> to show up where I want it?
    >> I am also working with a second script that may allow this but haven't
    >> got that far yet.
    >>
    >> In the first column that shows up, click on "songs", then 1960 and
    >> then "A - E".
    >> You should get a new window that opens google.
    >>
    >> What I want to do is to show that linked page where "content 1" is
    >> showing in the red bordered panel.
    >>
    >> That way I don't have to load all the data on the first page.
    >>
    >> Yes I know it breaks at one point. This IS only a demo.
    >>
    >> Is a second script the only solution?
    >>

    >Hi
    >
    >I don't really understand what your are saying. Do you mean the following:
    >
    ><li class='TabbedPanelsTab' tabindex='0'>
    ><a
    >href='http://www.example.com/cgi-bin/test.pl?whatever=yes&something=no'>1960</a>
    ></li>
    >
    >Regards
    >John

    What you see in "page source" is the script output.
    As you would see from a php file.
    Anyways, I kind of changed things around and have decided not to use
    the spry version.

    richard, Sep 28, 2008