New Module: DBIx::Config - please comment

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Al Tobey, Oct 24, 2003.

  1. Al Tobey

    Al Tobey Guest

    DBIx::Config is a new module I've written to simplify connecting to
    databases and passing the resulting handles between packages. Before
    uploading to CPAN, I'd like to see what people around here think.
    Please comment in either a followup here or in an email to tobeya at
    cpan dot org

    http://www.tobert.org/tmp/Config.html
    http://www.tobert.org/tmp/Config.pm

    Of course, I have a few test written that will be bundled with this that
    aren't on the web yet.

    A topic worth discussing that I realized in the process of writing this is
    the lack of "good" ways to test DBI subclassing modules. The best I've
    found is either writing your own dummy DBD or DBD::CSV. I wonder
    how hard or useful it would be to write a Test::DBI module .... A
    quick/random survey of other DBIx modules shows that not much testing is
    done in that namespace.

    Thanks!
    -Al Tobey
    tobeya at cpan dot org