New Open Source Project: GoodDemo

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by brykenbry@gmail.com, Mar 24, 2009.

  1. Guest

    Hi guys,

    A few weeks ago, we kicked off a new project to both develop a web
    application and to document it in real-time. Our intentions are to
    offer a behind-the-scenes look at our own way of doing things and to
    allow anyone interested to take part and contribute.

    The name of the project is GoodDemo. It’s a tool to create a self-
    guided tour of a web application- a new way to point out features and
    describe how they work on the actual site itself. It's better than a
    screencast and more convenient than a live demo (we hope).

    Here are the first two articles about it:

    Starting From Scratch
    http://www.novologies.com/post/2009/02/25/Starting-From-Scratch.aspx

    The First, Wobbly Steps of a Baby Application
    http://www.novologies.com/post/2009/03/11/The-First-Wobbly-Steps-of-a-Baby-Application.aspx

    It's just getting underway and will touch upon quite a few
    technologies- ASP.NET, WCF, Silverlight, JSONP to name a few, so it
    should be an interesting project for developers at any level. We've
    created a new Google Group for the initial discussions:

    http://groups.google.com/group/gooddemo

    Looking forward to sharing our ideas and hearing yours-
    Brian
    , Mar 24, 2009