New Open Source Project: GoodDemo

brykenbry

Hi guys,

A few weeks ago, we kicked off a new project to both develop a web
application and to document it in real-time. Our intentions are to
offer a behind-the-scenes look at our own way of doing things and to
allow anyone interested to take part and contribute.

The name of the project is GoodDemo. It’s a tool to create a self-
guided tour of a web application- a new way to point out features and
describe how they work on the actual site itself. It's better than a
screencast and more convenient than a live demo (we hope).

Here are the first two articles about it:

Starting From Scratch
http://www.novologies.com/post/2009/02/25/Starting-From-Scratch.aspx

The First, Wobbly Steps of a Baby Application
http://www.novologies.com/post/2009/03/11/The-First-Wobbly-Steps-of-a-Baby-Application.aspx

It's just getting underway and will touch upon quite a few
technologies- ASP.NET, WCF, Silverlight, JSONP to name a few, so it
should be an interesting project for developers at any level. We've
created a new Google Group for the initial discussions:

http://groups.google.com/group/gooddemo

Looking forward to sharing our ideas and hearing yours-
Brian