New prizes for October JRobots Challenge

Samuel

Jrobots is a java programming game hosted at
<http://www.cfxweb.net/~jrobots> CFXweb.
You play by simply programming in Java your own robot to fight other
players robots.Use your AI algorithms to predict opponent movement and
position.
For the third time in the long history of JRobots , there are even money
prizes! (Usually we play Jrobots for the immortal glory more than
anything else;->)

On the <http://www.cfxweb.net/~jrobots> JROBOTS site you can
<http://www.cfxweb.net/~jrobots/jjr_match.shtml> see on-line battles
and download free Jrobots SDK , the off-line Java applet to test your
robots and the source code of the simulator. You can send your robots
even in the course of the challenge, so it is never too late to win!
Java Algorithms Challenges group.
Good luck to all players!
Samuel

Samuel

Attila said:
[...]
C3PO: I hate Jawas, disgusting creatures.

I am sorry, I thought that C++ is an older sister to Java and you guys maybe
interested.
I am myself C/C++ programmer and this challenge was an oportunity to learn
something new for me.

Best regards,
Samuel

Attila Feher

Samuel said:
Attila said:
[...]
C3PO: I hate Jawas, disgusting creatures.

That was a joke. I sometimes forget the smiley. I mean I mean type it but
somehow I don't. Aging, probably. :)
I am sorry, I thought that C++ is an older sister to Java and you
guys maybe interested.

No, it is not. Java *looks* like C++ but it is so far away from it in its
design, that if I could sing the difference I would be invited to every
opera to sing.
I am myself C/C++ programmer and this challenge was an oportunity to
learn something new for me.

Possibly. But if you look at the FAQ and the welcome message of this
newsgroup you will see that it is not topical here.

Anyway as you came back and clarified the situation we have successfully
prevented a language war. :) Go go Java robots!

BTW I like the idea of robots programmed in Java killing each other. As
long as the last one commits suicide. :) I AM JUST JOKING! Really.