New Promotion, need advice from experience people who deal with this situation.

pachanga

Last week, I got a promotion to a higher position with new
responsibilities and new supervisor. My supervisor ask me about a new
position opening, and I took the position, but I totally forgot to ask
how much is my raise. A week has past and no one has mention it to me.
Next week I start training. What should I do? I feel kinda weird, one
thing is I do want to know now. And, the other is should I wait till I
go to the new position? What is the normal steps in this process. I
kinda feel like I am not going to get a raise, but that would be silly
if that happens.

Clark S. Cox III

Last week, I got a promotion to a higher position with new
responsibilities and new supervisor. My supervisor ask me about a new
position opening, and I took the position, but I totally forgot to ask
how much is my raise. A week has past and no one has mention it to me.
Next week I start training. What should I do? I feel kinda weird, one
thing is I do want to know now. And, the other is should I wait till I
go to the new position? What is the normal steps in this process. I
kinda feel like I am not going to get a raise, but that would be silly
if that happens.

What, on Earth, does your salary have to do with C++?

Jonathan Turkanis

Clark said:
What, on Earth, does your salary have to do with C++?

Perhaps his original salary was one cent, and it has now been incremented.

Jonathan

Noah Roberts

pachanga said:
Last week, I got a promotion to a higher position with new
responsibilities and new supervisor. My supervisor ask me about a new
position opening, and I took the position, but I totally forgot to ask
how much is my raise. A week has past and no one has mention it to me.
Next week I start training. What should I do? I feel kinda weird, one
thing is I do want to know now. And, the other is should I wait till I
go to the new position? What is the normal steps in this process. I
kinda feel like I am not going to get a raise, but that would be silly
if that happens.

Apprerently you won't be getting an answer here. I don't know of any
group like comp.lang.c++.salary or any other group devoted to salary
descussion so there really is no place where the topic police will not
shoot at you. However, the people in comp.programming *might* be more
helpful than this group seems to want to be. In fact at one time I
asked for advice about an interview and got a lot of good help from
/nice/ people in that group.

If I could I would, but I don't really know either. I would probably
just ask if I was worried about it. Good luck with the new position.

Victor Bazarov

pachanga said:
a bit off topic. But the job is in the same grass roots in this group.

So what? Did you post to any newsgroup people with computer-related jobs
might visit? Try job-related newsgroups next time.

pachanga

I decided to not say anything. If nothing changes, than this would be
one for the books.