    would there also be changes in the doc itself ?

    Martin.
    , Mar 29, 2006

  2. Tim Parkin Guest

    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I was wondering : as there has been a change in python.org website with
    >a new design, is it planned for the documentation section to be
    >revamped as well ? If yes, would it be just a appearance renewal or
    >would there also be changes in the doc itself ?
    >
    >Martin.

    docs.python.org will stay the same as far as I am aware but I'll be
    looking at trying out a version of the docs using the new python.org
    layout. Obviously this will affect more regular users of the site and so
    will need testing out first. The structure of the documentation won't
    change but it will have a new navigation (rather than just the back, up,
    forward on the current latex2html output). It's probably best to get
    something up on a test site to look at before over-analysing it though..

    Tim Parkin
    Tim Parkin, Mar 30, 2006

  3. I paste my idea (original posted in #pythonpaste a few days ago):

    <mitsuhiko> Chairos: what I really miss is a "go-python.org" page :)
    <Chairos> which would be what?
    <mitsuhiko> showing up python gui application, python wsgi
    applications, a python documentation with a comment section, tutorials
    and a wiki
    <mitsuhiko> and everything compact
    <mitsuhiko> and python.org for the companies and core developers

    Something really basic. Only small tutorials, a documentation with
    comments and a list of python applications. With a clean design and
    only few links per page. Something like the rubyonrails page for
    example.

    Regards,
    Armin
    Armin Ronacher, Mar 30, 2006
  4. John J. Lee Guest

    Tim Parkin <> writes:

    > wrote:
    >
    > >Hi,
    > >
    > >I was wondering : as there has been a change in python.org website with
    > >a new design, is it planned for the documentation section to be
    > >revamped as well ? If yes, would it be just a appearance renewal or
    > >would there also be changes in the doc itself ?
    > >
    > >Martin.
    > >

    > docs.python.org will stay the same as far as I am aware but I'll be
    > looking at trying out a version of the docs using the new python.org
    > layout. Obviously this will affect more regular users of the site and so
    > will need testing out first. The structure of the documentation won't
    > change but it will have a new navigation (rather than just the back, up,
    > forward on the current latex2html output). It's probably best to get
    > something up on a test site to look at before over-analysing it though..

    How about the desktop icon used on Windows boxes? Will we see the shy
    tadpoles replacing the squiggly green pixellated Python snake in 2.5?
    If not, why not? -- is this not a branding excercise? (I don't
    personally like the tadpoles, FWLIW, but inconsistency seems worse)

    John
    John J. Lee, Mar 30, 2006
  5. Tim Parkin Guest

    John J. Lee wrote:

    > How about the desktop icon used on Windows boxes? Will we see the shy
    > tadpoles replacing the squiggly green pixellated Python snake in 2.5?
    > If not, why not? -- is this not a branding excercise? (I don't
    > personally like the tadpoles, FWLIW, but inconsistency seems worse)
    >
    > John

    I presume so. It's not really up to me though. Someone has created some
    new icons based on the new logo that have received some positive
    feedback and that I like a lot.

    Tim Parkin
    Tim Parkin, Mar 31, 2006