New Ruby Article

Mark Wilson

I found the following article published a few days ago:

http://linux.oreillynet.com/pub/a/linux/2003/09/18/ruby_csv.html

As pointed out in the comments, using the optparse class and related
modules would reduce the code length of the example.

I recently wrote a series of articles on a similar topic:

Using the OptionParser Library -
www.learningruby.com/usingoptparse.shtml
Writing Command Line Programs-Part 1
www.learningruby.com/commandlinepart1.shtml
Part2
www.learningruby.com/commandlinepart2.shtml
Part3
www.learningruby.com/commandlinepart3.shtml

Regards,

Mark

Gavin Sinclair

I found the following article published a few days ago:

This was mentioned on the list not long ago.
As pointed out in the comments, using the optparse class and related
modules would reduce the code length of the example.

I haven't read it thoroughly, but I noticed that most of the code was
horribly un-Rubyish. It could be made a lot nicer. If I had time,
I'd rewrite it all and submit it to the author!
I recently wrote a series of articles on a similar topic:

Looks like some good reading.

Cheers,
Gavin