New Ruby Article

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Mark Wilson, Sep 21, 2003.

  1. Mark Wilson

    Mark Wilson Guest

    I found the following article published a few days ago:

    http://linux.oreillynet.com/pub/a/linux/2003/09/18/ruby_csv.html

    As pointed out in the comments, using the optparse class and related
    modules would reduce the code length of the example.

    I recently wrote a series of articles on a similar topic:

    Using the OptionParser Library -
    www.learningruby.com/usingoptparse.shtml
    Writing Command Line Programs-Part 1
    www.learningruby.com/commandlinepart1.shtml
    Part2
    www.learningruby.com/commandlinepart2.shtml
    Part3
    www.learningruby.com/commandlinepart3.shtml

    Regards,

    Mark

    Mark Wilson, Sep 21, 2003

  2. On Sunday, September 21, 2003, 2:27:28 PM, Mark wrote:

    > I found the following article published a few days ago:

    > http://linux.oreillynet.com/pub/a/linux/2003/09/18/ruby_csv.html

    This was mentioned on the list not long ago.

    > As pointed out in the comments, using the optparse class and related
    > modules would reduce the code length of the example.

    I haven't read it thoroughly, but I noticed that most of the code was
    horribly un-Rubyish. It could be made a lot nicer. If I had time,
    I'd rewrite it all and submit it to the author!

    > I recently wrote a series of articles on a similar topic:

    > Using the OptionParser Library -
    > www.learningruby.com/usingoptparse.shtml
    > Writing Command Line Programs-Part 1
    > www.learningruby.com/commandlinepart1.shtml