New scripter looking for some buds

Ian E^n

I'm new to this ruby thing and was hoping I could find one or two other
people who were also new to it and we could collaborate via e-mail or IM
or something. Let me know. I'd eventually like to work up to using ruby
for a MUD or some type of database work.

Ashley Wharton

I am new to Ruby as well - and so far loving it. I currently work with a
lot of MS SQL databases, (have just recently loaded mysql) and was hoping to
apply Ruby and Ruby-on-Rails towards database apps and reporting. Would like
to 'share' as we move forward.

Also a question for the more experienced: I am currently using NetBeans on
Windows (think it is a great IDE). I have no experience with Linux, however
would it be worth investing the time to transition over and learn Ruby on
that platform? (I just ran into my first issues with trying to deploy a very
simple rails app - many hours and still not resolved, think it is probably
OS related).

Regards,

Ashley

Raffaele Tesi

Ian said:
I'm new to this ruby thing and was hoping I could find one or two other
people who were also new to it and we could collaborate via e-mail or IM
or something. Let me know. I'd eventually like to work up to using ruby
for a MUD or some type of database work.

what type of database work/MUD?
I'm new like lunar beer.