New session for every page???

ssattert

Hey All!

I recently bought a new web server and am in the process of migrating
all of our websites over. We're going from Windows 2000 IIS 5.0 to
Windows 2003 IIS 6.0. I've been able to get everything to work
correctly except for the SessionID's. For some reason I'm getting a
new SessionID on EVERY single page that I visit! Which makes it quite
difficult to login and add items to your cart...hehe.

Everything is running ASP, there is no ASP.NET pages, I don't even have
the 1.0 or the 2.0 Framework installed on the server yet. I verified
that the Globals.asa is on the server on and config'ed correctly.

Any ideas? I'm pulling my hair out on this one.

Thanks for all the help!

Anthony Jones

Hey All!

I recently bought a new web server and am in the process of migrating
all of our websites over. We're going from Windows 2000 IIS 5.0 to
Windows 2003 IIS 6.0. I've been able to get everything to work
correctly except for the SessionID's. For some reason I'm getting a
new SessionID on EVERY single page that I visit! Which makes it quite
difficult to login and add items to your cart...hehe.

Everything is running ASP, there is no ASP.NET pages, I don't even have
the 1.0 or the 2.0 Framework installed on the server yet. I verified
that the Globals.asa is on the server on and config'ed correctly.

Any ideas? I'm pulling my hair out on this one.

Thanks for all the help!

Goto the application configuration dialog (Open properties on application in
IIS manager, select home directory tab, click Configuration...) on the
mappings tab ensure Cache ISAPI Extensions is checked.

ssattert

Thanks for the response Anthony!

I verifed that the ISAP extensions were enable, I verified that the
Enable Session State was enabled. I even went to the extent to make
sure that the McAfee On Acess scan was disabled just thinking that it
may be folling with the Globals.asa file.

I alomst positive that this can not be code related since these
sessions are working flawlessly on our current web server.

The only other thing that I can think to tell you is that we're not
using cookies for sessions, we're using database driven sessions.

I hope this helps, and appreciate all the help!

Anthony Jones

Thanks for the response Anthony!

I verifed that the ISAP extensions were enable, I verified that the
Enable Session State was enabled. I even went to the extent to make
sure that the McAfee On Acess scan was disabled just thinking that it
may be folling with the Globals.asa file.

I alomst positive that this can not be code related since these
sessions are working flawlessly on our current web server.

The only other thing that I can think to tell you is that we're not
using cookies for sessions, we're using database driven sessions.

I hope this helps, and appreciate all the help!

Sounds like the client isn't accepting the session cookie. This could be
due to the new server being treated as part of a different zone or privacy
data coming from the new server differing from that of the original causing
the client to decline cookies from it.

Note that session doesn't use cookies to store it's data anyway. However
the Identity of the session is a cookie.

ssattert

How would I go about looking at the zoning or privacy data coming off
the server? I'm still somewhat of a newb when it comes to the whole
IIS thing...hehe

Do you have any suggestions on what steps I should take next?

Thanks a million for all your help!

ssattert

I just did...the only one that is checked is the "Recycle worker
processes" I un-checked it and still the same thing...

This issue is going make me bald...hehe