New Site - jMinds

Maheshwaran S

Hi Java geeks,

We are maintaining site called jMinds(
http://jminds.hollosite.com) features with lot of articles, programs,
FAQ's and with other stuff too. Resources for the technologies in java,
jdbc , j2ee such as JSP, Servlets, EJB ( Enterprise Java Beans ) etc
from the writers of DeveloperIQ magazine and others. Contains,
articles, source code for programming, tutorials and FAQ's.
jMinds Team.
(http://jminds.hollosite.com)

Lewis Sellers

Maheshwaran said:
Hi Java geeks,

We are maintaining site called jMinds(
http://jminds.hollosite.com) features with lot of articles, programs,
FAQ's and with other stuff too. Resources for the technologies in java,
jdbc , j2ee such as JSP, Servlets, EJB ( Enterprise Java Beans ) etc
from the writers of DeveloperIQ magazine and others. Contains,
articles, source code for programming, tutorials and FAQ's.
jMinds Team.
(http://jminds.hollosite.com)

"
How can I implement a thread-safe JSP page?

You can make your JSPs thread-safe by having them implement the
SingleThreadModel interface. This is done by adding the directive <%@
page isThreadSafe="false" % > within your JSP page.
"

I've yet to write a jsp myself, and know almost nothing about it but....
is that true? :) isThreadSafe="false" makes the page thread safe? Seems
a little counterintunitive to say the least. /-)

Collin VanDyck

Lewis said:
"
How can I implement a thread-safe JSP page?

You can make your JSPs thread-safe by having them implement the
SingleThreadModel interface. This is done by adding the directive <%@
page isThreadSafe="false" % > within your JSP page.
"

I've yet to write a jsp myself, and know almost nothing about it but....
is that true? :) isThreadSafe="false" makes the page thread safe? Seems
a little counterintunitive to say the least. /-)

I'm also not very knowledgeable on JSP, but I can see where this would
make sense if the servlet container created a new servlet instance for
each request if isThreadSafe='false'.

The logic being, of course, that if the container prevents a JSP/Servlet
instance from being accessed from multiple threads/requests then the
appearance of the JSP/Servlet to the end user is as if it were threadsafe.

I'd imagine that isThreadSafe='true' would then instruct the container
to compile, generate, and instantiate one instance of the JSP to serve
content across all requests.