    articles, source code for programming, tutorials and FAQ's.
    jMinds Team.
    (http://jminds.hollosite.com)
    Maheshwaran S, Dec 19, 2004

  2. Maheshwaran S wrote:
    > Hi Java geeks,
    >
    > We are maintaining site called jMinds(
    > http://jminds.hollosite.com) features with lot of articles, programs,
    > FAQ's and with other stuff too. Resources for the technologies in java,
    > jdbc , j2ee such as JSP, Servlets, EJB ( Enterprise Java Beans ) etc
    > from the writers of DeveloperIQ magazine and others. Contains,
    > articles, source code for programming, tutorials and FAQ's.
    > jMinds Team.
    > (http://jminds.hollosite.com)

    "
    How can I implement a thread-safe JSP page?

    You can make your JSPs thread-safe by having them implement the
    SingleThreadModel interface. This is done by adding the directive <%@
    page isThreadSafe="false" % > within your JSP page.
    "

    I've yet to write a jsp myself, and know almost nothing about it but....
    is that true? :) isThreadSafe="false" makes the page thread safe? Seems
    a little counterintunitive to say the least. /-)
    Lewis Sellers, Dec 19, 2004

  3. Lewis Sellers wrote:
    > Maheshwaran S wrote:
    > > Hi Java geeks,
    > >
    > > We are maintaining site called jMinds(
    > > http://jminds.hollosite.com) features with lot of articles, programs,
    > > FAQ's and with other stuff too. Resources for the technologies in java,
    > > jdbc , j2ee such as JSP, Servlets, EJB ( Enterprise Java Beans ) etc
    > > from the writers of DeveloperIQ magazine and others. Contains,
    > > articles, source code for programming, tutorials and FAQ's.
    > > jMinds Team.
    > > (http://jminds.hollosite.com)
    > >

    > "
    > How can I implement a thread-safe JSP page?
    >
    > You can make your JSPs thread-safe by having them implement the
    > SingleThreadModel interface. This is done by adding the directive <%@
    > page isThreadSafe="false" % > within your JSP page.
    > "
    >
    > I've yet to write a jsp myself, and know almost nothing about it but....
    > is that true? :) isThreadSafe="false" makes the page thread safe? Seems
    > a little counterintunitive to say the least. /-)

    I'm also not very knowledgeable on JSP, but I can see where this would
    make sense if the servlet container created a new servlet instance for
    each request if isThreadSafe='false'.

    The logic being, of course, that if the container prevents a JSP/Servlet
    instance from being accessed from multiple threads/requests then the
    appearance of the JSP/Servlet to the end user is as if it were threadsafe.

    I'd imagine that isThreadSafe='true' would then instruct the container
    to compile, generate, and instantiate one instance of the JSP to serve
    content across all requests.
    Collin VanDyck, Dec 21, 2004