New Skype 4.1 Alpha released for linux.

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by pickylee123, May 7, 2007.

  1. pickylee123

    pickylee123 Guest

    pickylee123, May 7, 2007

  2. pickylee123

    9798 Guest

    pickylee123 <>

    > just read that a new trial version of Skype has been released. It is
    > not fit yet though.

    So you can read, that's great, you twit.

    Bob

    9798, May 7, 2007

  3. pickylee123

    7 Guest

    9798 wrote:

    > pickylee123 <>
    >
    >> just read that a new trial version of Skype has been released. It is
    >> not fit yet though.

    > So you can read, that's great, you twit.
    >
    > Bob

    You twit Bob has learned to type?

    7, May 7, 2007
  4. __/ [ 7 ] on Monday 07 May 2007 11:51 \__

    > 9798 wrote:
    >
    >> pickylee123 <>
    >>
    >>> just read that a new trial version of Skype has been released. It is
    >>> not fit yet though.

    >> So you can read, that's great, you twit.
    >>
    >> Bob

    > You twit Bob has learned to type?

    It is 1.4, not 4.1 (and it's rubbish
    http://www.voipnews.com.au/content/view/1519/159/ ). While the company
    treats GNU/Linux as a second-class citizen, other programs are worth
    considering. Even Nero has recently learned its lesson and brought its Linux
    port to the point of Win32 feature parity.

    --
    ~~ Best regards

    Roy S. Schestowitz | One, Two, Free Open Source Software (FOSS)
    http://Schestowitz.com | RHAT GNU/Linux ¦ PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
    run-level 5 Apr 28 15:45 last=S

    Roy Schestowitz, May 7, 2007
  5. pickylee123

    7 Guest

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > __/ [ 7 ] on Monday 07 May 2007 11:51 \__
    >
    >> 9798 wrote:
    >>
    >>> pickylee123 <>

    >>> So you can read, that's great, you twit.
    >>>
    >>> Bob

    >> You twit Bob has learned to type?

    > It is 1.4, not 4.1 (and it's rubbish
    > http://www.voipnews.com.au/content/view/1519/159/ ). While the company
    > treats GNU/Linux as a second-class citizen, other programs are worth
    > considering. Even Nero has recently learned its lesson and brought its
    > Linux port to the point of Win32 feature parity.

    No doubt about that at all. What's more, they will soon find out
    their Linux releases can be modified and new features added quicker,
    and released more frequently, and that they get less tech support issues
    than with windopz products. While the windopz product development teams
    borrow ever more time and resources to produce ever fewer
    features. Then eventually their dumb management is going to have to
    look at holding back the Linux release so that their
    windummy versions can catch up.

    7, May 7, 2007
  6. pickylee123

    Larry Qualig Guest

    On May 7, 7:49 am, Roy Schestowitz <> wrote:
    > __/ [ 7 ] on Monday 07 May 2007 11:51 \__
    >
    > > 9798 wrote:

    > >> pickylee123 <>

    > >> So you can read, that's great, you twit.

    > >> Bob

    > > You twit Bob has learned to type?

    > It is 1.4, not 4.1 (and it's rubbishhttp://www.voipnews.com.au/content/view/1519/159/). While the company
    > treats GNU/Linux as a second-class citizen, other programs are worth
    > considering.

    > Even Nero has recently learned its lesson and brought its Linux
    > port to the point of Win32 feature parity.

    They have? Perhaps you ought to let Nero know this because they seem
    to think otherwise.

    Their Linux product "NeroLinux" appears to be a stripped down version
    of Nero Burning ROM that's available for Windows. Looking at it's
    features I don't see anything that k3b doesn't already do.

    http://www.nero.com/eng/NeroLINUX_What_is_NeroLINUX.html

    Buy you think this stripped down product has feature parity with their
    Win32 product which ships with the following apps:

    (The Linux offering is about 1/3rd of the way down the list - "Nero
    Burning ROM 7" except that all of the advanced features are missing in
    the Linux version.)

    Nero Mobile – Media Center for Mobile Devices
    Nero Home – Media Management System
    Nero Sipps - Free VoIP Telephony
    Nero Scout – Database Technology
    Nero Search – Quick and Easy Information Finder
    Nero StartSmart 3 – One-Click Project Launcher
    Nero Burning ROM 7 – Expert CD and DVD Burning
    Nero Express 7 – Easy Interface CD and DVD Burning
    Nero WaveEditor 3 – Audio Editing and Recording
    Nero SoundTrax 2 – Professional Audio Mixing
    Nero SoundBox – Beat Builder
    Nero Vision 4 – Video Editing and Authoring
    Nero Recode 2 – The World’s Fastest Video Converter
    Nero ShowTime 3 – DVD and Multimedia Player
    Nero MediaHome – UPnP™ Streaming Solution
    Nero PhotoSnap – Photo Editing
    Nero CoverDesigner 2 – CD and DVD Label Design
    Nero ToolKit – CD and DVD Utility Suite
    Nero BackItUp 2 – The Complete Backup Solution
    InCD 5 – Packet Writing Solution
    Nero ImageDrive – Virtual Drive Setup

    Larry Qualig, May 7, 2007
  7. pickylee123

    Kier Guest

    On Mon, 07 May 2007 07:24:43 -0700, Larry Qualig wrote:

    > On May 7, 7:49 am, Roy Schestowitz <> wrote:
    >> __/ [ 7 ] on Monday 07 May 2007 11:51 \__

    >> > You twit Bob has learned to type?

    >> It is 1.4, not 4.1 (and it's rubbishhttp://www.voipnews.com.au/content/view/1519/159/). While the company
    >> treats GNU/Linux as a second-class citizen, other programs are worth
    >> considering.

    >> Even Nero has recently learned its lesson and brought its Linux
    >> port to the point of Win32 feature parity.

    > They have? Perhaps you ought to let Nero know this because they seem
    > to think otherwise.
    >
    > Their Linux product "NeroLinux" appears to be a stripped down version
    > of Nero Burning ROM that's available for Windows. Looking at it's
    > features I don't see anything that k3b doesn't already do.
    >
    > http://www.nero.com/eng/NeroLINUX_What_is_NeroLINUX.html
    >

    > Buy you think this stripped down product has feature parity with their
    > Win32 product which ships with the following apps:
    >
    > (The Linux offering is about 1/3rd of the way down the list - "Nero
    > Burning ROM 7" except that all of the advanced features are missing in
    > the Linux version.)

    <snip list>

    That's probably not a bad thing, leaving out all that stuff. Better just
    to concentrate on providing a solid burning app. Though they'll have to go
    some way to beat K3b at its own game.

    --
    Kier

    Kier, May 7, 2007
  8. In comp.lang.c Roy Schestowitz <> wrote:

    > (response to response to spam snipped)

    Any chance you fine fellows could leave comp.lang.c off the crosspost
    list for this discussion? Thanks. (Followups set.)

    Christopher Benson-Manica, May 7, 2007