    new tab, rather than a new browser instance, without having to use
    javascript? Is there a means to ament the target="_blank" so that a new tab
    opens with the new page? Thanks, Ike

    Ike, Feb 1, 2007

  2. Ike

    BootNic Guest

    > Ike <> wrote:
    > news: 1emwh.19437$

    [snip]
    > Is there a quick means that I can have it open a new tab, rather than
    > a new browser instance, without having to use javascript? Is there a
    > means to ament the target="_blank" so that a new tab opens with the
    > new page?

    Configure IE 7 Tabbed Browsing Settings.

    Tools > Internet Options > Tabs > Settings

    --
    BootNic Thursday, February 01, 2007 10:50 AM

    Why is it that our memory is good enough to retain the least
    triviality that happens to us, and yet not good enough to recollect
    how often we have told it to the same person?
    *Francois de La Rochefoucauld*

    BootNic, Feb 1, 2007

  3. Ike

    Ed Mullen Guest

    BootNic wrote:
    >> Ike <> wrote:
    >> news: 1emwh.19437$

    > [snip]
    >> Is there a quick means that I can have it open a new tab, rather than
    >> a new browser instance, without having to use javascript? Is there a
    >> means to ament the target="_blank" so that a new tab opens with the
    >> new page?

    > Configure IE 7 Tabbed Browsing Settings.
    >
    > Tools > Internet Options > Tabs > Settings

    That'll do it for his computer but I got the sense that he wants a page
    he wrote to open a new tab when some other user visits it. No way to do
    that of which I am aware. Besides, if that ever were made available
    (heaven forbid) I'm sure someone would immediately write an extension to
    block it from happening.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net