New this group. Need some help on asp.net and javascript

avakharia_ibsdev

Hello all,

I am not much familier with Web Applications.
I am basically a C++,VC++ programmer.
I have one query..

I want to open a number of child pages from one page let's say Parent
Page.
In parent Page there is one listbox having four items and on clicking
on any of the item it will create new page.. using
window.showmodelessdialog. this listbox is htmlselect ..

now one can create max. 4 dialog by this way.. Ok that is done..
One thing more.. Both are different aspx pages..no one is as a derive
class..

Now the problem is I need to send some text to specific child dialog
only..
or also specific child dialog can send any text to parent page..

pages are refereshed than.

While opening a child page i have stored all handles of child pages in
hidden variables and retriving the value from it .. But now i dont knw
what to do with that handle..
I have one method in Child 's .aspx

<script>
function Test()
{
alert(" This is Child Method");
}

</script>

I want to call this method..from Parent..
on button click which is also HtmlSelect ...

Plz help me on this..
Also suggest if need to change the type of Control..

I have seen Remote Script .. But i m not sure will that helps me in
this.. Or not..

Any suggestions...

Thanks
Archita