New to asp and need help please

Carolyn Gill

I have already created an asp login/database for a learning/quiz section on
a small site. There will be multiple quizzes through the site and what I
need now would be help: tutorials or advice that a complete novice can
understand/follow to create the following:

A small simple quiz--for now each has just one question with 5 multi-choice
buttons. On submit should send the answer to A) a database (using access for
now) to track scoring after all the quizzes are complete, and B) popup
window with their choice and correct answer for each quiz. A popup is
optional--if you have a different idea--maybe insert that info in a table at
the top of the next webpage with the explanation in the table row below.
Just something clean & simple where the onsubmit button would automatically
send the user to the following page.

I have no problem studying a tutorial or going through exercises to learn
how to do this--actually that's what I want, but I do have time constraints
(my groceries & gas could be paid for the next month if I get this right :)
....it helps to have gas when you need to get to school!)

Thanks for any assistance,
Carolyn

Tom B

My suggestion, and I'm sure others will have different ones would be to:

1) Design your database tables first. I'm thinking a question table, an
answer table, a quiz table, a student table and a results table.
2) Determine how the quizzes will be generated. Will x random questions be
selected to generate a quiz, or will an administrator assemble a quiz out of
the available questions.
3) Create a self posting page for the actual questions. The top of the page
displays the last question with the student's answer and the correct answer
(and any explanation necessary) except for the first time the student hits
the page. The bottom of the page displays the next question in the quiz.

a quick look at www.aspin.com took me here

Carolyn Gill

Thanks. I'll file your suggestions to look back at after I go over the link
you posted.
I'm sure I'll be back with questions or requests to check what I'm doing
wrong :)
At least now I have a place to start!