New to ASP: HTML editing and superfluous spaces

st

Hi,

I'm new to ASP and come from a Windows Forms background. I've taken
over a project and find I'm spending far longer than I want organising
form layout.

I've a form with a layout based on various sections separated using
tables, rows and cells. When I preview the form, I see a lot of extra
space around the cells that isn't visible in design. I simply want to
strip this out but can't see where it's being added. If I manipulate
the size of the tables and cells, the space might shift from one area
to another, but again, this doesn't help with compacting. As far as I'm
concerned, I've squeezed the cells to their limit and shouldn't be
seeing extra space, but this isn't the case.

Anybody help with my understanding of what is going on.

Thanks,

Simon Lane

st

Steve,

Thanks, but clicking the link comes up with: "An error occurred on the
server when processing the URL. Please contact the system
administrator."

Simon

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Yes, the site seems to be having a problem at the moment. It should be
fixed by tomorrow.