New to asp.net need help with state

plurt

I am new to asp.net and need to learn it for a small intranet
application for work.

I have an application that needs to keep track of the users that are
online and was going to use the application state for storage (I only
expect about 10 users at a time)

My question is for the Application State event Application_End. I have
read two definitions of this event: is triggered when all
HttpApplication Sessions are closed and triggers when a change to the
virtual directory within the iis stucture is changed or iis is
restarted.

I can only get it to trigger when a change happens in IIS not when the
HttpApplication Sessions are closed.

I also would like to know about "Windows Authorization". The
application that I am writing will be using a Windows Login ID and
password. I have set it up for "Windows Authorization" and at this
time the web browser will ask for the username and password before
initializing the application. Is there a way to make this a part of
the page instead of the browser? Can I use form authorization and tie
it into the windows logon?

I hope this is the correct group thank you for the help.