new to CSS...a few questions

greg

Ok, so i've been brushing up on CSS at w3schools.com, and have learned alot
about CSS positioning and so forth. So I went into Dreamweaver and started
doing some of the sameple codes that w3schools had to offer and I script it
all out in the code side of dreamweaver. Then when I click into WYSIWYG
side of things, it looks like it's all just laid out in layers. Are
dreamweaver layers the same thing as CSS? I know CSS has alot more to it,
but do dreamweaver layers use the same attributes as css positioning?
Thanks for any responses.

Greg G.

greg

Thanks Karl! Much appreciated.

Greg G.
EightNineThree said:
Basically, yes.
Dreamweaver calls CSS positioning "Layers".

Don't use any of DW's "Layers" stuff to do layout, though.

I made the mistake of using DW layers to do CSS positioning and it never
went right at all. Dreamweaver inserts a lot of bloated code in when you're
making layers and, if you know what you're doing with CSS positioning, you
end up doing so much fixing of DW's markup that you may as well be writing
it yourself.