new to flash, need help with html - not very good with html

Mark

Hi all,

This is what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to load a flash movie
transparently over my existing html page (not covering the full
screen, but 75% of it), so it is kind of similar to a "splash screen"
in the respect it is to be an introductory screen.

I already have a flash movie made (although for some reason
WMODE=TRANSPARENT isn't working), but we'll get to that in a sec. I
also already have all the html for the playing the movie and
displaying my page. The html to display the page is made up of a
bunch of table rows within a <DIV> tag.

During onLoad of the <body> element, I call a javascript method to
actually play the flash. The flash does play, but what happens is
that instead of playing on top of the existing page, it plays at the
top of the page and if you scroll down, there is the rest of the html
page (the tables and stuff). I dont want it at the top, but to
actually overlay the tables until it finishes playing, then to go away
automatically.

I'm struggling with the html part of this. I know browsers render
from top to bottom, but I dont know how to display over the existing
stuff.

I toyed with the idea of making the flash into a popup in a new window
(window.open), but to make it look right, I'd have to make it a
transparent window, borderless, etc... and I'm not sure thats the
right way to do it either.

HELP ! Any ideas would be most appreciated...

Mark

Ron

Mark said:
[...]

Heya Mark,
You'll want to use a stylesheet to position your flash over the table
(in z-axis). In the head of your page, add the following element:

#my-flash {
position:absolute;
z-index:1;
}

#my-table {
z-index:0;
}

Then give your flash container an id="my-flash" attribute and your table
an id="my-table" attribute. Learn more about cascading stylesheets at
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21 . You may want to use left, right, top,
bottom, margin-left, margin-right, margin-top, or margin-bottom to
further position your two elements.