    When someone clicks "add to bookmarks" is it possible to make the page add
    a different address to the displayed address?

    Andy J.

    Andy J., Dec 13, 2004

  2. Andy J.

    Noozer Guest

    > I'm very new to HTML and have what is probably a very simple question.
    > When someone clicks "add to bookmarks" is it possible to make the page add
    > a different address to the displayed address?

    No, and it never should.

    When you bookmark a page in a book, do you expect your mark to be in a
    different place when you pick the book back up a few days later?

    Noozer, Dec 13, 2004

  3. Andy J. wrote:
    > When someone clicks "add to bookmarks" is it possible to make the page add
    > a different address to the displayed address?

    No (Thank goodness)

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    David Dorward, Dec 13, 2004
  4. Andy J.

    Neal Guest

    Andy J.:

    > When someone clicks "add to bookmarks" is it possible to make the page
    > add a different address to the displayed address?

    1) No.

    2) Never should be allowed.

    3) Why on earth would you want to do that anyway? I think the user knows
    what page they want bookmarked.

    (If you are using a frameset, it will make bookmarking next to impossible,
    but it's wise to avoid framesets at all costs anyway.)

    Neal, Dec 13, 2004
  5. Andy J. wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I'm very new to HTML and have what is probably a very simple question.
    > When someone clicks "add to bookmarks" is it possible to make the page
    > add a different address to the displayed address?
    >
    > Andy J.

    Hmmm - what context are you considering using this in?

    --
    Peter
    nativespace - hosting & domain names

    Peter - nativespace hosting, Dec 13, 2004
  6. Andy J.

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Andy J. wrote:

    > When someone clicks "add to bookmarks" is it possible to make the page add
    > a different address to the displayed address?

    IME when someone asks this question it's due to a deeper problem with the
    site design.

    Why do you want them to not be able to bookmark this particular page?

    Probably because you intend to (re-)move the page at a later date.

    Read: http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Dec 14, 2004
  7. Andy J.

    Andy J. Guest

    I run my own webserver and I'm having trouble with DNS forwarding. When
    visitors bookmark a site they get my IP address instead of the site
    address.

    Andy.

    Andy J., Dec 14, 2004
  8. Andy J.

    rf Guest

    Andy wrote:

    > I run my own webserver and I'm having trouble with DNS forwarding. When
    > visitors bookmark a site they get my IP address instead of the site
    > address.

    Then fix your problem with DNS fowarding.

    If you don't then you will end up with similar bandaids all over the place.

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Dec 14, 2004