    Sorry if my questions might be way off target. I hope someone can set me on
    the right track.

    Thanks!!!
    Dave, Jun 30, 2004

  2. Dave

    Patrice Guest

    Code behind code is compiled in ta DLL placed in the bin directory under the
    site root...

    Patrice

    --

    "Dave" <> a écrit dans le message de
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm new to asp.net and visual studio .net.
    >
    > I'm trying to fix a few problems on a friend's web site and don't really
    > understand how .net works.
    >
    > The site is in .net. All asp.net pages have codebehind specified.
    > Does this mean that the vb code has been compiled?
    > I notice that I can delete or rename the aspx.vb file and it

    doesn't

    Patrice, Jun 30, 2004

  3. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Thanks Patrice,

    How can I edit these pages if I don't have the visual studio .net project
    file?

    Dave

    Dave, Jun 30, 2004
  4. Dave

    Patrice Guest

    The command line compiler is part of the .NET framework (vbc.exe). Basically
    you should be able to compile all vb files that are under the site root. The
    dll should then go in the bin directory...

    See :
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...ml/valrfvbcompileroptionslistedbycategory.asp

    A bit strange as it looks like the project was made using VS.NET ?

    It could look like :
    @echo off
    SET v=v1.1.4322
    SET compiler=c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\%v%\vbc

    %compiler% /out:<DLLPath>\My.dll @options.rsp <Root>\*.vb

    With something like :
    /quiet
    /imports:System