    someplace. Please help

    ".filedate($data_file)."</p>";
    , Jan 24, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > In fact I have never worked with it, but I need to find out where this
    > date is coming from on the website. I found the line that is producing
    > it, but what is this filedate($data_file) and is it reading a files
    > someplace. Please help

    > ".filedate($data_file)."</p>";

    Based on how it is used filedate() seems to be a function, but it is not a
    standard Perl function. It must be either user-defined somewhere in that
    program or come from an imported module.
    Guessing by the name it probably doesn't read the file (teh content of the
    file wouldn't help to determine the file date) but maybe it calls stat()
    instead.

    jue
    Jürgen Exner, Jan 24, 2007

  3. Mirco Wahab Guest

    wrote:
    > In fact I have never worked with it, but I need to find out where this
    > date is coming from on the website. I found the line that is producing
    > it, but what is this filedate($data_file) and is it reading a files
    > someplace. Please help

    > ".filedate($data_file)."</p>";

    This looks like a part of some cgi script, so
    remove your line from above and repace it
    by thoe following four lines:

    $payload6 =
    . "</p><p>Company information is current as of:"
    . filedate($data_file) . "</p>";

    Regards

    Mirco
    Mirco Wahab, Jan 24, 2007