New to perl

dfetrow410

In fact I have never worked with it, but I need to find out where this
date is coming from on the website. I found the line that is producing
it, but what is this filedate($data_file) and is it reading a files
someplace. Please help

".filedate($data_file)."</p>";

Jürgen Exner

In fact I have never worked with it, but I need to find out where this
date is coming from on the website. I found the line that is producing
it, but what is this filedate($data_file) and is it reading a files
someplace. Please help

".filedate($data_file)."</p>";

Based on how it is used filedate() seems to be a function, but it is not a
standard Perl function. It must be either user-defined somewhere in that
program or come from an imported module.
Guessing by the name it probably doesn't read the file (teh content of the
file wouldn't help to determine the file date) but maybe it calls stat()
instead.

jue

Mirco Wahab

In fact I have never worked with it, but I need to find out where this
date is coming from on the website. I found the line that is producing
it, but what is this filedate($data_file) and is it reading a files
someplace. Please help

".filedate($data_file)."</p>";
This looks like a part of some cgi script, so
remove your line from above and repace it
by thoe following four lines:

$payload6 =
. "</p><p>Company information is current as of:"
. filedate($data_file) . "</p>";

Regards

Mirco