    of java like control flow and inheritance. but thats about it

    is head first python a good book? i quite liked what i read of head
    first python.

    sogeking99, Mar 6, 2011

  2. I'd suggest Zed Shaw's amazing Learn Python The Hard Way [1] (which
    isn't as hard as it sounds) - and it's free over the web (but, I
    believe - you can buy a copy). I dislike Pilgrim's Dive Into Python,
    but that's just me (though I thoroughly recommend Dive Into HTML5 to
    anyone interested in HTML5) - many disagree. Haven't read Head First
    Python.

    [1] - http://learnpythonthehardway.org/index

    Brandon LaRocque, Mar 6, 2011