New to Visual Studio.NET - Walkthrough error

Anthony Grandazza

I am new to Visual Studio.NET and am having trouble at the
beginning of the first Walkthrough. Any help anyone can
give in resolving the error or pointing me in the right
direction to find an answer will be appreciated.
When attempting to create the ASP.NET Web
Service 'AuthorsWebService' I get the following message...
The web server reported the following error when
attempting to create or open the Web project located at
the following URL:'http://localhost/AuthorsWebService'.
'HTTP/1.1.500 Internal Server Error.'

In particular can anyone tell me where I can find
documentation on errors such as 'HTTP/1.1.500 Internal
Server Error.'

Thanks to everyone in advance.

Drebin

That usually means there will be more information in the event log (Control
Panel | Administrative Tools | Event Viewer).. and moreso, I've only seen
that error with out-of-sync IUSR/IWAM accounts.. it might say something like
invalid username/password?