    What may be the reason!!

    Ashutosh

    , Mar 20, 2007

  2. Jana Guest

    Quoth "":
    > Hi,
    > I need a little help here as Im new to xml .The problem is in my web
    > App I get response as xml and I try to parse it using
    > DocumentBuilderFactory. All seems to work fine I dont get any errors
    > but the Document generated shows up
    > nothing..document.getDocumentType() returns null...
    >
    > What may be the reason!!

    Mime type text/xml unknown to originator?

    --
    A noise annoys an oyster

    Jana, Mar 21, 2007

  3. wrote:

    > I need a little help here as Im new to xml .The problem is in my web
    > App I get response as xml and I try to parse it using
    > DocumentBuilderFactory. All seems to work fine I dont get any errors
    > but the Document generated shows up
    > nothing..document.getDocumentType() returns null...

    Does the XML you receive have a DOCTYPE node? It is not unusual that
    there is no DTD associated with an XML document. It should have a root
    element however so
    document.getDocumentElement()
    should not be null.
    I am afraid we can only guess what goes wrong, you need to provide the
    relevant code you have written to use DocumentBuilderFactory and show us
    how the XML looks.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, Mar 21, 2007
  4. Simon Brooke Guest

    in message <>,
    ('') wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I need a little help here as Im new to xml .The problem is in my web
    > App I get response as xml and I try to parse it using
    > DocumentBuilderFactory. All seems to work fine I dont get any errors
    > but the Document generated shows up
    > nothing..document.getDocumentType() returns null...

    Show us your code. We can't say anything helpful without seeing it.

    ;; in faecibus sapiens rheum propagabit

    Simon Brooke, Mar 21, 2007