    ANy docs/PDF/ URL on this ?

    Thank you for your help,
    Krist

    Krist, Mar 16, 2005

  2. XML is a language to ´mark up´ structured contents.
    You could e.g. convert database contents into XML.
    The special benefit is its tree-like hierarchical structure.

    Roger

    Dr. Roger Wießner, Mar 16, 2005

  3. Krist

    Malte Guest

    Krist wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > While XML has been around for log time, so far I know XML mostly as
    > configuration file and other 'low-level' application.
    >
    > Could anybody here please give me example / cases of business
    > application that make use of XML ?
    > ANy docs/PDF/ URL on this ?
    >
    > Thank you for your help,
    > Krist

    Several applications of ours use XML:

    One uses XML to send data from an RDBMS to a server which again uses XSL
    to generate XHTML. This is an online travel shopping site.

    Another uses the same kind of infrastructure for a web based b2b
    applicateion.

    Several of our web services acccept only data in XML format as input/output.

    No docs/PDF/URL for this. This is intellectual property of our customers
    and ours.

    Malte, Mar 16, 2005
  4. "Krist" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > While XML has been around for log time, so far I know XML mostly as
    > configuration file and other 'low-level' application.
    >
    > Could anybody here please give me example / cases of business
    > application that make use of XML ?
    > ANy docs/PDF/ URL on this ?

    Have a look at http://servingxml.sourceforge.net/ for an example of an XML
    markup language that is a supporting framework for a variety of business
    applications.

    Regards,
    Daniel Parker

    Daniel Parker, Mar 17, 2005