new update for windows 2000 server causes problem (aspnet_wp.exe can not start)

Darren Li

After I update the windows 2000 server with microsoft newest update. The
ASP.NET application can not be run. It shows "Server Application
Unavailable".

I check the event log, the error says "aspnet_wp.exe could not be started."

Anyone can help me? >"<

Darren L.

DalePres

I have had to uninstall the .net framework and re-install it on my W2K
servers after the last few updates. And then I had to recreate all my
asp.net apps as IIS applications.

Just a suggestion,

Dale Preston
MCAD, MCSE, MCDBA

Darren Li

Thank you for the information.

I tried couple different ways but none works. So I uninstalled the .Net and
reinstalled it, it works.

Thanks

Darren L.

Patrick Olurotimi Ige

Darren i think running :-

aspnet_regiis.exe" -i or
aspnet_regiis.exe" -r

Should solve the problem without needing to uninstall
the .Net famework!!

Patrick