New version of C++ Middleware Writer available

Discussion in 'C++' started by coal@mailvault.com, Apr 7, 2009.

  1. Guest

    Shalom

    I'm happy to announce that version 1.8 of the C++ Middleware
    Writer is available on line --
    http://webEbenezer.net/cgi-bin/samb.cgi .

    This version adds support for the following:

    * Exclusive marshalling support of boost::intrusive::list and
    boost::intrusive::rbtree. Neither Boost Intrusive nor Boost
    Serialization offer serialization support of the Intrusive
    containers. Rather than having two types called 'list,' we
    refer to boost::intrusive::list as an ilist. An example of this
    support is here --
    http://webEbenezer.net/rbtree_marshalling.html .

    * Several new options on the user interface including:

    + An "Error Handling" option that indicates whether the code should
    be written using return codes or exceptions. The exception
    support is new in this release. This option affects the signatures
    of
    the generated marshalling functions.

    + A "Code Structure" option that indicates whether the code should
    be written in header-only format or separated interface and
    implementation files. The separated interface and implementation
    support is new in this release. This option also affects the
    signatures of the generated marshalling functions.

    + A choice between unsigned short or unsigned int as the type for
    constants written by the C++ Middleware Writer. Constants that
    identify messages and user defined types are written by the
    software. Previously the constants were always unsigned ints.

    * A mechanism to turn off automatic code generation for a type.
    Adding a // comment within a class declaration with
    "hand_written_marshalling_code" in the text of the comment will
    disable default code generation for that type. For example,

    class bag
    {
    // hand_written_marshalling_code
    };

    As the comment indicates, you will provide the implementation of
    the marshalling functions for this class. This option is not
    available
    with /* */ comments.

    Constructive comments welcome. Thanks to Ian Collins, Jeff
    Schwab and James Kanze for discussions here that led to
    improvements in this release.

    Brian Wood
    Ebenezer Enterprises
    www.webEbenezer.net
    , Apr 7, 2009

    On Apr 6, 6:15 pm, wrote:
    > Shalom
    >
    > I'm happy to announce that version 1.8 of the C++ Middleware
    > Writer is available on line --http://webEbenezer.net/cgi-bin/samb.cgi.
    >
    > This version adds support for the following:
    >
    > * Exclusive marshalling support of boost::intrusive::list and
    >   boost::intrusive::rbtree.  Neither Boost Intrusive nor Boost
    >   Serialization offer serialization support of  the Intrusive
    >   containers.  Rather than having two types called 'list,' we
    >   refer to boost::intrusive::list as an ilist.  An example of this
    >   support is here --
    >  http://webEbenezer.net/rbtree_marshalling.html.

    I should mention that for ilist we have support for both
    list_base_hook<> and list_member_hook<>. But with rbtree
    we only have support for set_base_hook<>. This is due to
    anoversight and the next release, G-d willing, will permit
    the use of set_member_hook<>.

    Brian Wood
    Ebenezer Enterprises
    www.webEbenezer.net