    any help appreciated
    TIA
    John Wood

    John Wood, Nov 25, 2003

  2. John Wood

    Ray at Guest

    What you describe is normal. Maybe the thing you don't realize is that for
    the ASP pages to run, you have to go to http://servername/pagename.asp, as
    opposed to opening the .asp file from the file system.

    Ray at home

    Ray at, Nov 25, 2003

  3. John Wood

    John Wood Guest

    Of course I should have, thanks
    Repeat after me ... don't work after midnight...
    ... don't work after midnight....

    In article <>, Ray at
    <%=sLocation%> <> writes
    >What you describe is normal. Maybe the thing you don't realize is that for
    >the ASP pages to run, you have to go to http://servername/pagename.asp, as
    >opposed to opening the .asp file from the file system.
    >
    >Ray at home
    >
    >"John Wood" <> wrote in message
    >> I have recently loaded up a new Dell Server with Win2000 Server Pro
    >> Just a "standard install"
    >> IIS and FTP seem to be working fine
    >> ....\system32\inetsrv seems to be populated, including asp.dll
    >> the ASP and ASA files have the windows icon not the ASP icon
    >> selecting the ASP file does not run it but bring up the "OPEN WITH?"
    >> menu
    >>
    >> Is ASP included with the standard W2000 ?
    >> I do not see it as a separate install on the CD
    >> any help appreciated
    >> TIA
    >> John Wood

    John Wood

    John Wood, Nov 25, 2003
  4. John Wood

    Ray at Guest

    I can't ever get into a good groove until after midnight. That doesn't work
    out to well with my 8:30-5:00 hours. :[

    Ray at work, being unproductive

    Ray at, Nov 25, 2003