New Web2Py framework SLASHES development time...

Steve Shephed

<b>http://www.web2py.com Web2Py - Python Framework</b> is the newest
kid on the block for Python frameworks.

It has a lot of features that simply are not there in other
frameworks. Even Ruby!. You can design database models graphically
online.

The templating language is pure python and there are no problems with
indenting.

The models are auto-migrating which allows easy updating of your
database schema's. Parent-child and Super-Sub Set type models are
completely supported.
Uses an advanced MVC pattern. At least 10 free applications ready to
download and use in your own developments.
Can be run from a USB stick. ZERO installation just click on the exe
and away you go with web server and complete graphical admin
interface.

PLUS it will work on Google App Engine (your still constrained by the
Google Storage Limitations but you don't have to change any database
model code at all). AND Complete International Support (with a
graphical admin interface to add different languages)...there is more
but just take a visit...

Paul Boddie

<b>http://www.web2py.comWeb2Py - Python Framework</b> is the newest
kid on the block for Python frameworks.

I'm not going to dwell on the merits of web2py, I'm afraid...
It has a lot of features that simply are not there in other
frameworks. Even Ruby!. You can design database models graphically
online.

I had a closer look at the model designer, and the client-side magic
seems to originate from this project:

http://ondras.zarovi.cz/sql/

It looks quite fancy, especially since it all seems to be happening in
the browser. Thanks for indirectly bringing this to our attention! ;-)

Paul

mdipierro

Hi Paul,

yes, the model designer is the one from Ondras. We modified it so that
it generates DAL (Database Abstraction Layer) code instead of SQL and
it is a work in progress.
Technically it is not pat of web2py and in fact it is not distributed
with it.
It is just one of the many web2py apps.
You can find more on http://mdp.cti.depaul.edu/appliances

Massimo