New Website to Critique

Raymond Schmit

I've put together an interesting little website called The Grand
Unified Problem Solver at www.grandsolver.com . Would you be willing
to check it out and send me any critiques you may have?

Very difficult to explain .....
- so many dark pictures on a so long page nearly empty
- no menu
- 3 choices repeated once
- after choicing one page - the only way to get back is the "back" key
- could you remove the left part ? really not needed.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

javawizard said:
I've put together an interesting little website

...several years ago...
called The Grand Unified Problem Solver at www.grandsolver.com . Would
you be willing to check it out and send me any critiques you may
have?
Thanks,
- Jeff
www.grandsolver.com

<frame src="http://www.odd-info.com/grand" frameborder="0" />

Same domain you've been posting for years. I don't see any improvement
in your style. Same old markup. Just a new domain name stealthed in
frames. You're still using FrontPlague 4.0 and a mess of google ads.

<http://groups.google.com/group/alt....hread/thread/6d3a29bf631e461?q="odd-info.com">
<http://groups.google.com/group/alt.html/browse_thread/thread/12ec6775e207202f?q="odd-info.com">

Blinky the Shark

Neredbojias said:
No, but why you are belaboring your lack of taste eludes me. Hopefully,
old age has brought you at least some, uh, refinement.

Ya old fart.

:)

Neredbojias

It has. I never mix hot dogs, baked beans and pizza anymore unless
separated by at least 24 hours.

Huh? The point was that pot goes with scotch, not bourbon...

:)

Neredbojias

Ya old fart.

:)

Ya know, the older a fart gets, the more it dissipates until eventually
it becomes so tenuous that it can no longer logically be considered a
fart at all. Ergo, when I stop stinking, I'm dead though I may be "one
with the universe".

Blinky the Shark

Neredbojias said:
Ya know, the older a fart gets, the more it dissipates until eventually it
becomes so tenuous that it can no longer logically be considered a fart at
all. Ergo, when I stop stinking, I'm dead though I may be "one with the
universe".

As the zen master said to the hot dog vendor, "Make me one with everything."

Neredbojias

They are both relabeled paint thinner. Now, where are the Doritos?

What are you, a sloe gin man? -Er, fish. As for Doritos, I used to
like them but the last few times I bought them they tasted like
flounder feces. Been goin' with white cheddar popcorn lately, and it's
healthier, too.

Neredbojias

As the zen master said to the hot dog vendor, "Make me one with
everything."

<grin />

I had a psychedelic friend once who was a hot dog until he finally got
off his buns and went to hamburger college.

Blinky the Shark

Neredbojias said:
What are you, a sloe gin man? -Er, fish. As for Doritos, I used to like
them but the last few times I bought them they tasted like flounder feces.
Been goin' with white cheddar popcorn lately, and it's healthier, too.

All I ever keep around here is gin and vodka and the stuff it takes to
make gin-of-vodka tonics and bloody marys.

Nicole

as I cannot make visible the original posting, I hope the link is correct.
I was at the site and I clicked 3 links at suddden, because I thought "how interesting"!

I love the site in its puritiy and I love the well chosen images.

What you can improve: Make it more harmonic.
The images shall be of the same size, standing in one row.
The headlines shall have about the same length to be in harmony.

e.g.these 3 healines.
The Inspirator

or

Math
(Numerical Conversions)

or

500 Ways To Do The Things You Do
Easier, Faster, Better

... they shall look more the same in style and length.

I know, you searched for your images hard and they have the size they have. Never the less I would advise you for looking and cutting on. They shall fit to each other. ;-)

Nicole

Adrian

javawizard said:
I've put together an interesting little website called The Grand
Unified Problem Solver at www.grandsolver.com . Would you be willing
to check it out and send me any critiques you may have?
Thanks,
- Jeff
www.grandsolver.com
Well, it is all a matter of taste, about which everyone will have a
different opinion. IMO a quick improvement would be to change the font type,
maybe to Verdana. Chosing colors is difficult, however, I don't think the
dark blue is a success. There are currently active posts about colours
wihich contain many excellent references.

Adrian.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Adrian said:
Well, it is all a matter of taste, about which everyone will have a
different opinion. IMO a quick improvement would be to change the
font type, maybe to Verdana.

If you examine his Last Century markup, you'll discover he doesn't
assign any font families at all. What you are seeing is your browser's
default font.

He doesn't use CSS at all.

Regarding Verdana, there are reasons not to use that. (It doesn't exist
on my computer, for example - not a Windows PC.)
http://www.xs4all.nl/~sbpoley/webmatters/verdana.html

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Beauregard T. Shagnasty said:
If you examine his Last Century markup, you'll discover he doesn't
assign any font families at all. What you are seeing is your browser's
default font.

He doesn't use CSS at all.

Regarding Verdana, there are reasons not to use that. (It doesn't exist
on my computer, for example - not a Windows PC.)
http://www.xs4all.nl/~sbpoley/webmatters/verdana.html
Oups, thank you for your remarks about verdana!
Adrian

Adrian

Beauregard T. Shagnasty said:
If you examine his Last Century markup, you'll discover he doesn't
assign any font families at all. What you are seeing is your browser's
default font.

He doesn't use CSS at all.

Regarding Verdana, there are reasons not to use that. (It doesn't exist
on my computer, for example - not a Windows PC.)
http://www.xs4all.nl/~sbpoley/webmatters/verdana.html
Is your advice to use arial, or perhaps universe? I would
be pleased to know.

Adrian.