New well tested makepp snapshot released

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Daniel Pfeiffer, Feb 21, 2009.

  1. Makepp is a drop-in replacement for GNU make which has a number of
    features that allow for reliable builds and simpler build files. It
    supports almost all of the syntax that GNU make supports, and can be
    used with makefiles produced by utilities such as automake. It is called
    makepp (or make++) because originally it was designed for building C++
    programs. Also its relationship to make is analogous to C++'s
    relationship to C: it is almost 100% backward compatible but adds a
    number of new features. But there are much better ways to write makefiles.

    Here's again a new well tested beta snapshot. The highlight is being
    good citizens: our classes no longer clutter many top level namespaces
    and have instead moved to package Mpp (which is the shortcut prefix of
    the makepp family of commands, e.g. mppc is an alias to makeppclean.)
    Besides there are some bug fixes, most notably symlinks (which are
    problematic dependencies, because they stand for two different files)
    are finally handled consistently.

    Homepage: http://makepp.sourceforge.net/
    Documentation: http://makepp.sourceforge.net/1.50/
    Download: http://search.cpan.org/~pfeiffer/makepp-1.50.090221/

    coralament / best Grötens / liebe Grüße / best regards / elkorajn salutojn
    Daniel Pfeiffer

    --
    lerne / learn / apprends / lär dig / ucz się Esperanto:
    http://lernu.net / http://ikurso.net

    Daniel Pfeiffer, Feb 21, 2009

  2. On 21 Feb 2009 at 22:36, Daniel Pfeiffer wrote:
    > Also its relationship to make is analogous to C++'s relationship to C:
    > it is almost 100% backward compatible but adds a number of new
    > features.

    Perhaps people would be more likely to take the trouble to download any
    try out your program if you spelt out in the announcement what one or
    two of these new features are? Just a suggestion.

    Antoninus Twink, Feb 22, 2009