    when you click a form button.

    Thanks for your time.

    , Oct 11, 2006

    wrote:
    > Hey all, I'm just wondering if there's a way to make a new window open
    > when you click a form button.
    >
    > Thanks for your time.

    Nevermind, I got it add target="_blank" to the form tag.

    DUH?

    , Oct 11, 2006

  3. jojo Guest

    wrote:

    > Hey all, I'm just wondering if there's a way to make a new window open
    > when you click a form button.

    Why do you want to open a new window? Just a hint: most users do not
    really like new windows opening themselves... That's one of the reasons
    why HTML 4.01 strict and XHTML strict do not longer have the
    target-attribute.

    jojo

    jojo, Oct 11, 2006
  4. Andy Dingley Guest

    jojo wrote:

    > Why do you want to open a new window? Just a hint: most users do not
    > really like new windows opening themselves... That's one of the reasons
    > why HTML 4.01 strict and XHTML strict do not longer have the
    > target-attribute.

    That's not why the target attribute isn't in the HTML 4.01 Strict DTD.
    It was removed for structural reasons (it's still used with frames,
    which use the other DTDs) and had nothing to do with usability.

    Opening new windows is a risky business and often unwelcome, but it's
    not why target disappeared.

    Andy Dingley, Oct 11, 2006

    This isn't a website for anyone else, it's a local tool for me. I'm
    using it so I can enter a bunch of different data in to one site, so I
    use form fields to enter the data, then submit it to SELF, then submit
    each individual piece of data one by one to the site in a new window.
    Saves me boatloads of time because most of the data I'm entering in to
    the original site is the same every time but one part of it was
    different so an auto form wouldn't work the way I needed. This way I
    can enter all the info that's the same in hidden form fields and the
    parts that need to change I can change and submit.

    , Oct 12, 2006