new window target different frame in original window

Danny

I have a frameset with three frames. From one of the frames I
generate a new window with the javascript that is at the bottom of
this post. From the new window, how can I target a different frame in
the original window than the one that generated the new window? Any
help is much needed and appreciated.

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!--

function launch(newURL, newName, newFeatures, orgName) {
var remote = open(newURL, newName, newFeatures);
if (remote.opener == null)
remote.opener = window;
remote.opener.name = orgName;
return remote;
}

function launchRemote() {
myRemote = launch("newWin.htm", "newWindow",
"height=400,width=400,channelmode=0,dependent=0,directories=0,fullscreen=0,location=0,menubar=1,resizable=1,scrollbars=0,status=0,toolbar=0",
"bottom");
}

// -->
</SCRIPT>

kaeli

I have a frameset with three frames. From one of the frames I
generate a new window with the javascript that is at the bottom of
this post. From the new window, how can I target a different frame in
the original window than the one that generated the new window? Any
help is much needed and appreciated.

You should name the frames in the frameset. Assuming you named the frame
you want to be targeted "main" and the frames are NOT nested (only one
frameset tag)...

opener.parent.frames["main"]
would reference that window of the frameset from the popup.

opener is the frame (window) that opened the popup.
..parent is the frameset.
..frames["main"] is the frame named "main" in the frameset.

HTH