New Window.

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Richard Gutery, Jan 30, 2005.

  1. G'day. Trying to open a new window in an ASP script.

    Here is the code snippet I am trying to use:
    private sub OpenWin()
    window.open
    "utils/progbar.htm","progress","toolbar=no,scrollbars=no,width=200,height=150,menubar=no,location=no,resizable=no"
    end sub

    I've tried this:
    private sub OpenWin()
    dim newwin
    newwin = window.open
    ("utils/progbar.htm","progress","toolbar=no,scrollbars=no,width=200,height=150,menubar=no,location=no,resizable=no")
    end sub

    Regardless of which method I try I get the following error messsage:

    An exception ot type "MS VBscript runtime error: Object
    required: 'window' was not handled."

    No other error indicators or event log entries. The file progbar.htm exists
    in the dir called "utils" etc. In fact, I have other asp pages that call
    other utilities from the "utils" dir and all is well.

    Here is an excert from MS showing the syntax. It mirrors everything I've
    found on the web and online help:
    Example

    This example uses the open method to create a new window that contains
    Sample.htm. The new window is 200 pixels by 400 pixels and has a status bar,
    but it does not have a toolbar, menu bar, or address field.

    window.open("Sample.htm",null,
    "height=200,width=400,status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no");I'm
    not seeing what I'm doing wrong, and forgive me but I think this is pretty
    easy - no?.

    Any ideas???

    TX

    RG

    Richard Gutery, Jan 30, 2005

  2. Richard Gutery

    Bob Lehmann Guest

    Are you trying to run this on the server? That won't work if you are.

    Client-side JavaScript would be your best bet.

    Bob Lehmann

    Bob Lehmann, Jan 30, 2005

  3. Yup, trying to do this Server Side is just stupid and I knew that. Made it
    happen with Jscript.

    Tahnks Bob.

    RG

    Richard Gutery, Jan 30, 2005