new windows opened by window.open won't show sidebar in firefox

Dominic Tocci

When using window.open in firefox, I've noticed some peculiar behavior.

I'm trying to launch a fully functional window, similar to target="_blank"
in an anchor tag. I need to use the javascript window.open command because
of issues I was having with the page getting stuck in a tab (the parent
window has tabs hidden).

The new window spawns and initially looks great. The problem is that the
sidebar panel is apparently disabled. I click on my bookmarks, history, and
every other button that usually causes the side panel to appear and nothing
happens. Am I missing an attribute or something? Or is this a firefox bug?

var
popWindow=window.open('http://www.yahoo.com','','width=600...ebar=1,directories=1,status=1,scrollbars=1');
if (!popWindow.opener)
popWindow.opener = self;