New XPath Generation Tool

Discussion in 'XML' started by ziggyware@gmail.com, Aug 13, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi All,

    I've been writing an XPath genration tool in .NET that has GREAT
    potential for business applications where exact XPaths are needed.
    Currently the tool is share ware however it can be used indefinately
    without purchasing.

    http://www.ziggyware.com/downloads.php?cat_id=2

    We have been using this at work for quite some time and it performs
    like a dream. I highly recommend this tool for any individual or
    business that is in need of generating valid XPath queries.

    This tool handles complex queries and is very stable. Any comments are
    welcome. I would love for this tool to become a valuable resource for
    you and your company.

    Check it out!

    Michael Morton

    www.ziggyware.com

    , Aug 13, 2006

  2. Note that a simple XSLT-based XPath generator appeared in my article on
    styling stylesheets. It didn't handle namespaces quite correctly, but
    that could be solved easily enough by using a combination of wildcards
    and predicates. (Ugly, but XPath doesn't really offer a better
    self-contained alternative.)

    Joe Kesselman, Aug 13, 2006

    Fortunately my XPath generator does handle name spaces correctly :)

    , Aug 14, 2006
  4. wrote:
    > Fortunately my XPath generator does handle name spaces correctly :)

    Using the predicate solution? Or have you found another approach?

    Joe Kesselman, Aug 14, 2006

    I use the predicates :)

    , Aug 14, 2006