New

::Kaiba67::

I am making a text editor, and I only have the options Open Save As & Exit.
I am asking:

1. What's the code so when someone clicks New it just destroys the text that
someone typed?

2. When someone hits New, Exit or hits X and they didn't save the file or
altered the file it asks if the person wants to save the file, don't save
the file, or Cancel and dont close or create new document. Whats the code
for that?

::Kaiba67::

Victor Bazarov

::Kaiba67:: said:
I am making a text editor, and I only have the options Open Save As & Exit.
I am asking:

1. What's the code so when someone clicks New it just destroys the text that
someone typed?

2. When someone hits New, Exit or hits X and they didn't save the file or
altered the file it asks if the person wants to save the file, don't save
the file, or Cancel and dont close or create new document. Whats the code
for that?

There is always more than one way to skin the proverbial cat. The
code you're asking about has not been written yet. The code that
has been written is for a different program working under different
circumstances.

If it's _you_ who's "making a text editor", aren't _you_ the one who
is supposed to know "what code" for this and that? _You're_ the
programmer, not this newsgroup. Keep working on it.

Phlip

::Kaiba67:: said:
I am making a text editor, and I only have the options Open Save As & Exit.
I am asking:

1. What's the code so when someone clicks New it just destroys the text that
someone typed?

I have difficulty imagining being overjoyed at such an effect.

Per usability protocols such as the Common User Access, New opens a new
window, and no feature deletes any user's input without asking permission
first.
2. When someone hits New, Exit or hits X and they didn't save the file or
altered the file it asks if the person wants to save the file, don't save
the file, or Cancel and dont close or create new document. Whats the code
for that?

Use http://groups.google.com to find a forum for your platform. Hint: not
everyone uses the same platform, but you have neglected to report what it
is.

JKop

Phlip posted:
I have difficulty imagining being overjoyed at such an effect.

Per usability protocols such as the Common User Access, New opens a new
window, and no feature deletes any user's input without asking
permission first.

Use http://groups.google.com to find a forum for your platform. Hint:
not everyone uses the same platform, but you have neglected to report
what it is.

throw stupid;

-JKop

Joe Laughlin

::Kaiba67:: said:
I am making a text editor, and I only have the options
Open Save As & Exit. I am asking:

1. What's the code so when someone clicks New it just
destroys the text that someone typed?

2. When someone hits New, Exit or hits X and they didn't
save the file or altered the file it asks if the person
wants to save the file, don't save the file, or Cancel
and dont close or create new document. Whats the code for
that?

Do you understand that your posts have nothing to do with standard C++ and
are OFF TOPIC in this newsgroup?