    the file, or Cancel and dont close or create new document. Whats the code
    for that?

    ::Kaiba67::
    ::Kaiba67::, Jul 9, 2004

  2. ::Kaiba67:: wrote:
    > I am making a text editor, and I only have the options Open Save As & Exit.
    > I am asking:
    >
    > 1. What's the code so when someone clicks New it just destroys the text that
    > someone typed?
    >
    > 2. When someone hits New, Exit or hits X and they didn't save the file or
    > altered the file it asks if the person wants to save the file, don't save
    > the file, or Cancel and dont close or create new document. Whats the code
    > for that?

    There is always more than one way to skin the proverbial cat. The
    code you're asking about has not been written yet. The code that
    has been written is for a different program working under different
    circumstances.

    If it's _you_ who's "making a text editor", aren't _you_ the one who
    is supposed to know "what code" for this and that? _You're_ the
    programmer, not this newsgroup. Keep working on it.

    Victor Bazarov, Jul 9, 2004

  3. ::Kaiba67::

    Phlip Guest

    ::Kaiba67:: wrote:

    > I am making a text editor, and I only have the options Open Save As &

    Exit.
    > I am asking:
    >
    > 1. What's the code so when someone clicks New it just destroys the text

    that
    > someone typed?

    I have difficulty imagining being overjoyed at such an effect.

    Per usability protocols such as the Common User Access, New opens a new
    window, and no feature deletes any user's input without asking permission
    first.

    > 2. When someone hits New, Exit or hits X and they didn't save the file or
    > altered the file it asks if the person wants to save the file, don't save
    > the file, or Cancel and dont close or create new document. Whats the code
    > for that?

    Use http://groups.google.com to find a forum for your platform. Hint: not
    everyone uses the same platform, but you have neglected to report what it
    is.

    --
    Phlip
    Phlip, Jul 9, 2004
  4. ::Kaiba67::

    JKop Guest

    Phlip posted:

    >::Kaiba67:: wrote:
    >
    >> I am making a text editor, and I only have the options Open Save As &
    >> Exit. I am asking:
    >>
    >> 1. What's the code so when someone clicks New it just destroys the
    >> text that someone typed?

    > I have difficulty imagining being overjoyed at such an effect.
    >
    > Per usability protocols such as the Common User Access, New opens a new
    > window, and no feature deletes any user's input without asking
    > permission first.
    >
    >> 2. When someone hits New, Exit or hits X and they didn't save the file
    >> or altered the file it asks if the person wants to save the file,
    >> don't save the file, or Cancel and dont close or create new document.
    >> Whats the code for that?

    > Use http://groups.google.com to find a forum for your platform. Hint:
    > not everyone uses the same platform, but you have neglected to report
    > what it is.

    throw stupid;

    -JKop
    JKop, Jul 9, 2004
  5. ::Kaiba67::

    Joe Laughlin Guest

    ::Kaiba67:: wrote:
    > I am making a text editor, and I only have the options
    > Open Save As & Exit. I am asking:
    >
    > 1. What's the code so when someone clicks New it just
    > destroys the text that someone typed?
    >
    > 2. When someone hits New, Exit or hits X and they didn't
    > save the file or altered the file it asks if the person
    > wants to save the file, don't save the file, or Cancel
    > and dont close or create new document. Whats the code for
    > that?
    >
    >>> Kaiba67::

    Do you understand that your posts have nothing to do with standard C++ and
    are OFF TOPIC in this newsgroup?
    Joe Laughlin, Jul 9, 2004