Newbe having trouble with remote authentication

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by David Gómez Gómez, Sep 22, 2004.

  1. I have a web app running con COMPUTER1 called Proyectos. In web.config i
    have windows integrated authentication and:

    <authorization> <allow users="COMPUTER1\John" /> <allow
    users="COMPUTER1\Liz" /> <deny users="*" /></authorization>

    COMPUTER1 (XP Pro SP2) and COMPUTER2(win98) are connected and conform a
    workgroup named WORKGROUP (I know, be more inventive). John and Liz are
    accounts on COMPUTER1. COMPUTER1 is connected to the internet (and sharing
    this connection) with an IP, let's say 84.178.55.125, and is also
    identificated over the inet as computer1.dyndns.org.

    Usually John logs in COMPUTER1 and Liz in COMPUTER2. Whenever any of them
    asks for http://COMPUTER1//Proyectos, they will get access to the web app
    without any further problem. But when trying http://84.178.55.125/Proyectos
    or http://computer1.dyndns.org/Proyectos, none of them will get access.
    Neither will them from any computer outside the local network. Note, anyway,
    that the default webpage http://COMPUTER1/index.html is accesible from
    inside and outside the local network (via
    http://computer1.dyndns.org/index.html).

    Can anyone tell me what am I -or my system- doing wrong? Do I have to
    configure anything within integrated firewall? Is it possible that i have
    disabled any necesary service for remotely accesing my web app?

    Thanks in advance.
    David Gómez Gómez, Sep 22, 2004