newbe: 'ModelSim XE III' uses wrong Xilinx path in libraries

Thomas W.

Hi,

I try to simulate a post-fit model using 'ModelSim XE III'.
But I get the following error:

# ** Failure: (vsim-3808) Incompatible modes for port csadc
# Time: 0 ps Iteration: 0 Instance: /testbench/dut File: netgen/fit/U14_timesim.vhd Line: 52
# Fatal error at C:/Xilinx/vhdl/src/simprims/simprim_VITAL_mti.vhd line 1643
# while elaborating region: /testbench/dut/fsrio_2
# Load interrupted
# Error loading design
# Error: Error loading design
# Pausing macro execution
# MACRO ./testbench.tdo PAUSED at line 8

Seems to be a wrong path used by Modelsim.
I installed the Xilinx ISE tool to C:\Programme\Xilinx.
But wherever i search for, there is no system variable 'C:\Xilinx' as seen in the error message.

Looking in the Library tab of the workspace window, library 'aim' uses path $MODEL_TECH/...
But looking inside of this library, entity 'aim_add_sub_10' uses path 'C:\Xilinx\vhdl\src\iSE\abel\aim.vhd'.
Do I have to recompile the libraries somehow? Or should I better reinstall Xilinx ISE?

Thomas

Thomas W.

Hmm, this must be some other problem.
I reinstalled Xilinx ISE to C:\Xilinx and get the same error message.
Looking at the line with the fatal error doesn't help me any further:
I_ipd_reg := To_X01(I_ipd);