newbie arrgh! - hiding cancel button on datagrid edit column

CGW

How do I hide the cancel button on the edit column of my datagrid. (I want
edit and update to work as toggles, expanding to show more lines -- works
fine except for that darned cancel button.)

All I can find in MSDN is that the button is not supposed to show if I don't
give it text. Well, I don't give it text... and it still shows. What do I
need to do?