newbie: asp.net 2.0 - what is best practice here

Jeff

Hey

IDE: Visual Web developer 2005 express (downloaded yesterday from MS)

In my project am I creating a master page, because a lot of the pages on the
site will have the much the same look....

In this master page have I placed a menu, Here is the PROBLEM. when user is
not logged in some of the menu items in the menu should be replaced with
some other menu items.... For example the menu item "My Profile" should
change to "Login", or "Create Profile" for users that are not logged in...

My solutions to this problem is (I'm a newbie so really would like your
feedback about my solutions):

Solution A:
Add a Loginview to the master page. In this loginview I place the menus for
both unauthenticated and authenticated (2 menus)... The loginview will show
different menus based on the user login status: "unauthenticated" or
"authenticated"

Solution B:
If the user is not logged in, then programmatically replace the menu item
text, for example from "My Profile" to "Login"... using dynamicmenuitems...
This solution must be wrong,

I would prefer using solution A, but I'm not sure about the capabillities of
dynamicmenuitems, maybe dynamicmenuitems could be used??

What do u suggest I should do?

Jeff