    KB q192296 from 1998.

    Thanks,
    Mark

    Mark Oliver, Nov 18, 2004

  2. Mark Oliver wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Do i have to install IIS to develop (but not host) an asp.net
    > application? i don't want to install IIS because of the security
    > problems it causes, and so far i haven't been able to install IIS
    > because it asks for infocomm.dll from XP service pack 1 - and the
    > only place i have seen infocomm.dll is at KB q192296 from 1998.
    >

    > Thanks,
    > Mark

    question to a group where those dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest

    You only need to install IIS if you want to test your applications. .Net
    applications can be written with Notepad. IIRC, Web Matrix comes with a
    small web server for testing your applications, but I'm not sure. Google it
    and see for sure.

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Nov 18, 2004

  3. Mark Oliver

    Paxton Guest

    "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <> wrote in message
    > Mark Oliver wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Do i have to install IIS to develop (but not host) an asp.net
    >> application? i don't want to install IIS because of the security
    >> problems it causes, and so far i haven't been able to install IIS
    >> because it asks for infocomm.dll from XP service pack 1 - and the
    >> only place i have seen infocomm.dll is at KB q192296 from 1998.
    >>

    >> Thanks,
    >> Mark

    > There was no way for you to know it, but this is a classic asp newsgroup.
    > While you may be lucky enough to find a dotnet-savvy person here who can
    > answer your question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your
    > question to a group where those dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest
    > microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.
    >
    > You only need to install IIS if you want to test your applications. .Net
    > applications can be written with Notepad. IIRC, Web Matrix comes with a
    > small web server for testing your applications, but I'm not sure. Google
    > it and see for sure.
    >
    > Bob Barrows
    > --
    > Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    > "NO SPAM"

    Yep - Web Matrix DOES come with its own integral testing server. The whole
    thing can be found at www.asp.net.

    Paxton, Nov 18, 2004
  4. Mark Oliver

    Mark Oliver Guest