Newbie - Boa Constructor, wxPython problem running Boa

Anbeyon

Hi all

I am a Newbie to the world of Python, wxPython and Boa. Please
forgive me if there is a really obvious answer to this one.

I am trying to get Python, wxPython and Boa all to install on my
Windows XP machine.

I have both Python and wxPython running. However, when I launch Boa I
get an error message;

An 'Error On Startup' dialog/message box is displayed that says;
'module' object has no attribute 'NotebookSizer'
(Output on the console window is at the end of this message incase
that helps.....)

I click OK and everything closes.

I have the following setup;

Python2.5
---------------
installed using python-2.5.msi from http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.5/

wxPython for Python2.5
------------------------------------
installed using http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wxpython/wxPython2.8-win32-unicode-2.8.3.0-py25.exe

Boa Constructor
------------------------
installed using boa-constructor-0.4.4.win32.exe

Does anyone have any ideas, thoughts as to what the problem might be ?

The only thing I'm wondering is that instead of installing on my c:
drive in installed on my d: drive ????

Thanks in advance

Anbeyon

Starting Boa Constructor v0.4.4
importing wxPython
reading user preferences
running main...
importing Models.Controllers
importing Models.EditorModels
importing Views
importing Views.SourceViews
D:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\boa-constructor\Views\STCStyleEditor.py:
59: Deprec
ationWarning: The wxPython compatibility package is no longer
automatically gene
rated or actively maintained. Please switch to the wx package as soon
as possib
le.
import wxPython.stc # needed names from 2.4 for config files
importing Explorers.ExplorerNodes
importing Companions
importing PropertyEditors
importing Companions.FrameCompanions
importing Companions.WizardCompanions
importing Companions.ContainerCompanions
importing Companions.SizerCompanions

kyosohma

[...]

I haven't had much luck with Boa Constructor either. Here's a forum
post on the same issue that might help you though:

http://www.nabble.com/HOW-TO-START-BOAConstructor--t2545395.html

You may want to try wxGlade, VisualWx, PythonCard, Dabo or Stani's
Python Editor (SPE). Stani's, wxGlade, PythonCard and Dabo are
mentioned often on the wxPython user's group.

Mike